Ulterative Colitis ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me to reravel that my recent report from a sigmiodoscopy means thanks:

Level reached decending colon. Colitis probably UC Appearance :with contact bleeding, dull erthema and congested, blurred pattern. Continuous extend at the rectum. Haemorrhiods. Biopsies taken from rectum (4) and sigmiod (2) biopsies.

I was given a leaflet about UC and told that they would be in touch for a future appointmet but dont know when? Didn't read report till I got home, but I dont understand it, can anyone help, thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've he'd UC for many years. Symptoms: lots of bathroom trips, bleeding etc. A coloscopy is best for the gastroenterologist to see what's going on. Good you got the biopsy while there. The medications for me have worked well. Asocol for many years with no side effects. My insurance changed and needed something less expensive so went with balasalazide. These are anti inflammatory that go through your system and to the lower intestines / colon. With the anti inflammatory meds available one can keep it in check. Higher dose at first to get it manageable then maintenance to keep you from a flair up. Get a gastroenterologist vs a PC doctor. Prayer's for you sent.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I dont know for sure yet what I have got if anything at all. Just confused about report. I now have a folow up appointment for 30 May, so I guess ill find out then, thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.