Ultra sound shows all organs are ok but my stomach is full of gas

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi .

I got an ultrasound to check where the gurgling and rumbling in my stomach comes from especially at night when I lay down.

Findings were...gas in the stomach.

Can someone help me understand what this mean? Is it IBS ? Or GERD symptoms?

The doctors just tell you that and give you meds that's it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like all they found was gas. They would have told you if it was IBS or Gerd. Call the office if you want a more detailed explanation. Are the meds they gave you for gas? Some ways to help prevent gas are getting enough exercise, staying away from gas producing  Foods, eating slowly and eating more frequent smaller meals each day. Carbonated drinks cause gas also. Drink plenty of water. Eat more roughage type foods  such as fresh vegetables and fruits because they help push things through so you don’t have so much gas. Feel better soon 🌸🌸🌸

• Posted

Very nice info Jan! Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I was given PPIs and an antacid.

Will try and fix my diet. I find it so hard though😢

• Posted

I too have the same problem and in the ultrasound all are ok and my doctor said i have gastric issue. Especially i get bloated if i take any food at night continuosly i had to pass the gas at night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.