Ultrascan

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a scan tomorrow, my ca125 level was raised I also have  heartburn,bloating, pain.

I’m hoping they will find something tomorrow so hopefully it can be taken out and i’ll Start to feel better.

I was told I had poly cystic ovaries years ago .

Am I mad wanting them to find a cyst, also do they tell you at the scan.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I didn't know about my cysts until i saw my gyn doctor i had gotten an ultrasound that is how they found out. Are u having abdominal pain. I hope it isn't that serious. I just had my left ovary and tube taking out because of the cyst it was enlarging.

• Posted

I have been told I may have a cyst on the left ovary and she was asking me about endometriosis in the family?! 

Anyway now have to wait for doc and maybe a gynaecologist referral.

Very vague at scans at scans aren’t they?! 

• Posted

If you have a cyst, they will tell you at the scan. Raised CA125 can occur due to many reason, not necessarily malign. Even ovulation and menstruation can cause it, or an infection in your body. The scan should shed some light on this issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.