Ultrasound

Posted , 6 users are following.

Due to have ultrasound due to spottiing.  Need to drink 2 pints of water 1 hr beforehand.  Just need some advice as I do not think I could hold my wee after drinking 2 pints of water.  Any advice from members who had this procedure?  Thanks

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

thats a tough one... does it have to be one hour... I usually drink it in the car and then go in to have the ultrasound... no way I can hold for an hour.

I have the Mona Lisa Touch last Thursday, so far so good.... 

• Posted

Fantastic! How was it? The literature claims it isn't bad. Are you feeling back to normal, improved, uncomfortable???
    • Posted

No pain at all with laser. About 5 minutes. Have been symptom free but truth is time will tell. 2nd treatment in March. Drove myself there n home. No down time. I am hopeful. Will keep you posted.
  • Posted

HI Marie , I have had an ultrasound and had to drink a pint of water, 2 pints is do able  , as Nancy says drink an hour before pace yourself it is possible.

Good luck Nancy xx 

• Posted

I'm sorry they're making you do the old way of having to drink before the test. If they were doing a transvaginal ultra sound, you don't need to drink all the water (none!), and they get such a close view of the uterus and ovaries. Might want to ask if they could do that instead?
  • Posted

No way could I hold on for 1 hour. When I've had to do it before I'd drink 2 pints in one go half an hour beforehand. But that was when I was pregnant years ago. A couple of years I had one where they insert a probe into the vagina - no need to drink for that one.
  • Posted

Have also had only the trans vaginal ultrasound when they were checking on fibroids. Not sure if that would be appropriate for your issues. I'm sure I could not hold that much fluid. Am not a big drinker and when I do drink I have to pee almost immediately. Hope I'm never expected to do that. They must run into problems of the damp kind!
  • Posted

P.S. Have you tried a practice run to see if there's a method that might work best?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.