Ultrasound guided steroid injections

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone else suffered from terrible fatigue and just feeling awful after steroid injections for frozen shoulder. It's been great for the pain but I have problems concentrating and just feel spaced out a lot of the time and incredibly tired. I just wonder how long it will take before I feel my normal self again. It's been 9 weeks since I had the injections.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear sad  No, the injections helped instead to relieve the achiness/pain & make me feel so 'normal'. Perhaps the fog you're experiencing is something else going on that just happened to coincide with the injections? 

• Posted

Hi, I had side effects from steroid injection for about two weeks. Experienced hot flushes in my face, feeling tired and heart palpitations. These lasted for about two weeks, all symptoms gone now three weeks later. Hope you're soon feeling better x

• Posted

I'd talk to your Dr about this to see if your fatigue is a potential side effect from the shots. I have had 4 shots total, and have not had the issues you mention. If my memory is correct, the biggest side effects that they mention are related to the possibility of it messing with your blood sugar (so folks with diabetes have to pay attention) and the "slapped face" look or flushing of the face for a few days after the shot (I have had this side effect).

Hope you start to feel better!

• Posted

Thank you and the other people who replied to my message. I have since paid to see the endocrinologist I used to see for my thyroid condition and he has confirmed that my symptoms are related to the injections I had as the steroid was strong. You are quite right about it affecting diabetes sufferers as it can affect their blood sugar levels. Don't get me wrong I am so relieved not to be in so much pain and am glad I had it, I just have to wait now for these symptoms to pass. Thanks again.

• Posted

Wow - thank you for the update, Gemini6. Hopefully your symptoms resolve quickly!

It's interesting that you have underlying thyroid - quite a few of us here on the FS Forum do.

All the best - Liane

• Posted

I'm having a shot on Tuesday. I'm hoping I don't get any side effects. But to be honest the agony I've been in for past six weeks is way worse than any side effects I'm anticipating. It's totally upset and disrupted my life and sleep pattern too. I hope it works. I can't wait to feel normal again

• Posted

Hi. I'm sure you will be fine. I wouldn't want to put anyone off having the injection because it does really relieve the awful pain. I had the pain for six months and the lack of sleep was awful. I'm sensitive to medication and that's probably the reason I had the reaction. Good luck on Tuesday. I'm sure you will very soon feel relief from your pain.

• Posted

Ohhh yes, migrains, fatigue lasted for several months, hair loss. Don't let them give you too many of those injecitons. I actually had an allergic reaction to the iodine. Frozen Shoulders are exciting, huh? LOL

Accupuncture and jucing seemes to have helped me, or maybe it just keeps me busy. :-)

Hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.