Ultrasound has revealed gallbladder 'wrapped round 2cm gallstone'

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Start of November I had 10 days of vomiting which the GPs put down to a 'bug' though I wasn't convinced. Since then I've had acid reflux and hiccups.

An ultrasound has now revealed that my 'gallbladder is wrapped around a 2cm gallstone'.

Apparently the reflux can be a sign of gallbladder problems and hiccups can result from acid reflux!Also the terrible skin itching and stinging which I thought was a reaction to a PPI is likely to be due to the gallbladder. Also lots of other things make sense now.

It looks like surgery will be offered (is 2cm large for a gallstone?) but like most people I'm dreading the thought.

Has anyone had the soundwave treatment or is that just for minor stones?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I Hav e not had soundwave treatment but I have been very successful in dissolving my cholesterol type gallstones with Ursodeoxycholic acid tablets....... If you don't like the idea of a gall bladder removal why don't you research that way of getting rid of gall stones.......

It seems not many of the folks on this blog have read a word of my previous posts about how successful that treatment was for me?

There is plenty of scientific and medical data for all to see regarding Urso so I am amazed so few people are aware of that method of getting rid of stones.

Your gall stone is within the size range but an expert gastro will advise you if dissolution treatment is suitable for you. Every individual is different in certain ways but of course we are all similar aren't we?

• Posted

Thank you for responding. Yes I have heard of that method but I thought it was just for little stones. How long did it take? I think my problem is that I have already been quite ill with it and I have ongoing symptoms. So it's a matter of whether things can be brought under control while any therapies take place. Would definitely prefer to avoid surgery though. Plus I don't want to put my blind dog into kennels.

• Posted

I had a biopsy operation a few month before my gall bladder really gave me horrible symptoms and it took two months for the incision to heal properly.

The gastro surgeon is one of the most eminent surgeons in Nottingham.

He said the Urso treatment was horrible but he now knows that may well not be the case as myself did not have any adverse symptoms at all while taking them for 5 months. The biggest of my stones was 17mm and there were 5 smaller. It is said that there should be one stone but I would disagree with that statement. If the is a film of dissoluble solid on any thing I would have thought that provided the chemical that will dissolve it is in contact with that film it will completely eradicate the film within a given time.

Three out of four chemists told me =of course ursodeoxycholic acid will dissolve cholesterol gall stones. The single one said it will work for some but the other three said exactly what I've stated. It is the truth. I see the NHS someone on here said are even advocating and conducting the gall bladder flush which a learner registrar gastrologist said would not work. It is worth noting that her knowledge of Urso was zero because when I asked her about that treatment she "had never heard of that"......... It must be indelible in every persons memory that not all doctors have the same knowledge and experience or expertise.

If you google Ursodeoxycholic acid you will see plenty of info regarding that.Certain types of liver Cirrhosis is treated with Urso and some patients I see have been taking Urso for 10 years!

• Posted

Hi

Strangely I'm familar with urso (and all things liver related). My last dog had liver disease and I actually tried her on the urso. Unfortunately she could not tolerate it. She was given 3 months to live but through a quality diet, milk thistle etc she had another good 3 years.

Through my experience with her (and also with my own past misdiagnosis (had originally been told that my symptoms were probably down to 'temporary lactose intolerance' or 'a bug doing the rounds'. I've learnt to question and research everything.

• Posted

I could write a book about my experience of misdiagnosis. It's a disgrace how much the NHS pay out in damages every single year.........Then again what would we do without them? There are thousands of very good doctors but I am appalled by those who do not refer to medical history....

That is a sad fact many do not pay attention whatsoever to medical history & yet apparently 80% success in a diagnosis relies on ancient medical history and of course not so ancient!

All I can say is that I myself have had excellent results from taking Urso.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.