Ultrasound on liver

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had an ultrasound on my liver due to slightly raised liver function as I had suspected fatty liver

I have been told my lover looks perfect, as well as everything else looking fine

what other reason could my liver slightly be raised ??

when I had the blood test , I had not long started the mini pill , could this cause this ?

after I gave birth I did take s lot of pain killers regular so not sure if this may of had an impact? (6 months ago and blood tests were 4 months ago )

anyone had something similar?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

gallbladder issues? as the link between the two is strong.

what's your bilirubin?

• Posted

doctors have never mentioned gallbladder issues at all , bilirubin was fine last time checked, even had samples sent of

• Posted

You should not take too many painkillers, they cause alot of damage on the inside if repetitively taken. The liver damage or raise can come from drinking lots of alcohol. I do know that certain foods increase to risk of liver problems. Too much fatty and sugary foods are bad for us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.