ultrasound results

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well got my results from ultra sound and its says that the walls of my gallbladder are slightly thickened and i have rough parts inside my gallbladder which is sign of infection......anyone had this?? Would it get better on it own or will i need it removed?? I have felt so unwell for so long ive forgotten what it feels like to feel healthy and normal.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi vonnie i had this i had a nasty infection due to this also. I would 100% have it out if the dr suggests it. Im 10 days post gb removal and i will honestly say its the best thing ive ever done and im sure a few others would agree.

Have they said eat low fat etc ?

Hannah x

• Posted

Hi, yes the doc told me to stay away from dairy and fatty foods untill i speak to the surgeon......how long after you were diagnoised did u get your gall bladder removed?? did u have stones?? they couldnt see any stones but just thickened wall and inside infection.
    • Posted

I was 18 weeks from start to finish. My surgeon was on hholiday etc which meant i had to wait plus i kept getting infections and they wont take it out whilst its infected. I ended up in quite a mess with mine but it was alot worse than they originally thought. Mine was full to the brim with stnes and sludge etc and i was having 3 attacks a day mine was a severe case. My granny had 1 attack and then had hers out 2 months later and she had no pain between and only had 1 stone.

Im now alot better i can have milk again and can eat more or less what i want. I havent had cheese yet as that was my main trigger.

Everyone is different dont be scared of the op as it really is the best thing. Recovery is very easy of you follow their guides and you will feel so much better.

One piece of advice i was taking ibuprofen before and codine and both of these agrivated mine. Try getting some buscapan as that really saved me they are fantastic and you can buy them over the counter. The trick is to try stop you gallbladder from working to stop the pain (thsts what the nurse told me) the less it has to work and push bile out the less pain youll have if stones do form or you have an infection so if you eat low fat so fresh fruit and veg and things like cod and chicken turkey etc you will be ok. smile

any questions just post them on here a few of the ladys/gents on here have been a lifesaver for me and i posted alot as i had no idea what was happening. smile xxx

• Posted

I am 2 weeks post op and I am having horrible heartburn and bad bad pains on my right side idk what to do
    • Posted

I am taking lanzaprol that seems to help. 2 weeks for me too i think its probs just everything settling down dont forget youve had something removed and your body needs to heal. Im 2 weeks today i am back at work but im exhausted at the end of the day. My dr said you can still get 'ghost pains' if youre really still worried go see your gp. Good luck xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.