Ultrasound results

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all finally had an ultrasound today as got a cancellation. She told me that the tube (can't remember name)was thickened and that I may have passed a stone but because I'm still in pain there is probably one stuck. She says I need to go back to go to discuss further tests. Any idea anyone??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was also told she couldn't see any stones. Is this common? Thanks
  • Posted

Hi. Had a stone stuck in my bile. They do a camera down you throat to check and remove it. There is nothing to it so don't worry at all. But if it is a stone they probably do a gallbladder removal at a later date cause prob happen again. I had mine removed 4 weeks today x hope all goes ok for you.
    • Posted

Yep I was told no stones but bile was dilated. But when did camera down my throat said gallbladder had many stones.
    • Posted

Thanks Mandy sick of feeling ill so don't care what they do x
    • Posted

I had my gallbladder removed in April due to stones.

Better than I was but still struggling so went back to GP who said it was unlikely but she thought there might be a stone stuck so sent me for a test with camera down my throat.

When I went for the test I mentioned this to endoscopist and he said this test would not show if a stone was stuck!! What the test did show was that I have a Hiatus Hernia but apparently that is quite common and nothing to worrry about. So we go on.

Sarah

• Posted

I don't understand that SARAH because they had to do that to confirm n remove my stone that was stuck.
  • Posted

You are very lucky to get result of ultrasound the same day. I had to wait a week for mine.

Good ;luck when you go back for tests.

Happy New Year

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.