Ultrasound showed echogenic liver

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got an ultrasound taken of my right upper quadrant, originally checking for gallstones and everything was normal; gallbladder, pancreas and one of my kidneys. EXCEPT it showed an echogenic liver. My doc didn't really seem concerned, but I am. I never drink but I am a little overweight. Anyone else? Looking for tips to help manage. Does anything else cause this? Diseases, conditions, etc? I take xanax .25 mg and fiorocet .50 both PRN and very rarely. Is this ok? Just trying to get all the information I can get. Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

are your liver enzymes normal? have them run a complete blood count and hepatic panel.

• Posted

it could be nothing. especially if it didnt show fatty liver disease. i have an echogenic liver but i also have fatty liver disease.

you can always get a second opinion. ive done that in the past and sometimes the first doctor misses something.

PS i am a lil overweight

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.