Ultrasound showed everything be normal but doctor says my stomach is gassy, contains excess gas

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I've been having problems lately with my stomach and my digestive system had a ultrasound which the lady said everything looks normal and working fine but my stomach was extremely gassy, any ideas what this could mean?

I'm also massively off my food I'm hardly eating and have a constant lump (well feels like a lump anyway) at the back of my throat. This feeling comes when i eat and after 30 mins or so i start to belch and feels like there is a discomfort in my throat. In the morning after eating, i go to work by walking. Everything is ok but when i eat at night and then sleep after 2 hours, the throat discomfort comes back !!

Any ideas what could be wrong?!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Maybe acid reflux, gastritis or h pylori.  An endoscopy would show these things  Try a food diary since you have symptoms after eating.  Don’t eat too late at night especially avoid eating immediately before going to bed.
  • Posted

Ok. Thanks for your reply. I took Apple Cider Vinegar this morning and it has calmed it down.And also, anytime i do some joggings or sports, i feel relieved.

Is this due to low acid in my stomach or high acid stomach ?

For how long, should i take ACV, if anyone has an idea ?

• Posted

I would use apple cider vinegar as and when required. Sounds like you had acid reflux.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.