Ultrasound showed normal organs but stomach full of gas?!?

Posted , 8 users are following.

So I've been having problems lately with my stomach and my digestive system had a ultrasound which the lady said everything looks normal and working fine but my stomach was extremely gassy, any ideas what this could mean?

I'm also massively off my food I'm hardly eating and have a constant lump (well feels like a lump anyway) at the back of my throat?!?

Any ideas what could be wrong?!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone i jus wondered as I've been have trouble feeling like there is something stuck in my throat recently, today I have noticed under my adams apple there is another lump/bump does anyone know if this is normal or could this be the reason I'm having throat problems?!?

• Posted

Just try and stop worrying so much James.

You're problems are maybe all caused because you are so anxious about everything.

It's your windpipe, that's knobbly, under your Adam's apple,it's perfectly normal.

• Posted

Hi Suzy

I know I need to try and get my anxiety under control but I'm really struggling with it, part of me wants to be prescribed something to help me calm down but I don't want to become reliant on em but it literally is taking over my life now, constantly worried, constantly touching and feeling my throat looking for things, I just wish this lump feeling in the back of my throat would go, I feel as if I'm going to hit rock bottom soon sad

• Posted

Go back to your Dr explain everything like you have  here.

Don't worry about becoming reliant on meds.

You need help, it's no kind of a life worrying so much, that's what is causing the feeling of a lump in your throat, and your stomach problems, and all the other things.

Anxiety and worry are not your fault, you can't help feeling like this, and you need help to get over this.

Are your family helpful? Do they know the torture you are going through.

Phsycological illness is as bad as a physical problem, please get some help.

• Posted

Hi Suzy

I went to my doctor this morning and explained everything, she was very understanding, and told her I was clearly suffering from anxiety which wasn't helping any of symptoms, she said she wants to see me routinely every week now, maybe twice a week in the early stages to help try and get my anxiety ubder control, so fingers crossed this is the beginning of me being able to move forward with my life, thanks

• Posted

HEY IVE BEEN GETTING THAT SAME FEELING IN MY THROAT INCLUDING THE GASSY STOMACH ISSUE AND I ALSO GOT AN ULTRASOUND DONE ON ME WHICH SHOWED THE GAS IN MY STOMACH. THE WAY IVE BEEN DEALING WITH THE DISCOMFORT IS CHEWING GUM AND GULPING WATER OFTEN ITLL REALLY HELP ! ALSO TRY NOT TO HAVE UR CHIN DOWN WHICH CAUSES THE THROAT FEELING TO BE KINDA WORSE I CONSTANTLY LIFT MY CHIN UP FOR ANWHILE AND IT SEEMS GO AWAY! AND IF IT GETS TO THE POINT WHERE IT GIVES ME ANXIETY THEN ILL JUST PUT MYSELF TO SLEEP AND THATLL HELP AS WELL HONESTLY I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH THESE SCARY SYMPTOMS MY DOCTOR SAYS IT HAS TO DO WITH GERD

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.