Ultrasound shown 16cm cyst on ovary

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi just wondering anyone had anything like this big before this is my first experience and only found on Monday and going tomorrow to find out what the Gynecology can do and would they do anything straight away. my blood test came back normal. I couldn't believe that it was that big. I have been telling the doctor there is something defiantly wrong with me for ages for about 2 1/2 years and had only just sent me for these tests now I've been in so much pain and the last few weeks I've been really bad pain and flooding.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am in pretty much the same situation as yourself. I have just been diagnosed with a large complex ovarian cyst and am seeing the gynae dr next week. I was just wandering how you got on when you saw your gynae dr and what the outcome is. Although the bloods indicate that my cyst is not malignant the ct is not so reasurring and i won't be happy until its been removed and I know that it's definitely not malignant.
  • Posted

Ladies suggestion make sure you are cutting down on sugar intake. The sugar will continue it to grow. Zoe since you have pain have you tried castro pack. All you have to do is get some castrol oil, put on towel then put a heating pad over it. Not sure how it works but it helps. Pray for it to go away naturally during the day and make sure to do it at night. Your subconscious will help to heal you...Best of luck
  • Posted

Hi I am due a pre op tomorrow (Wednesday) and next Wednesday 31st july the operation they don't know if will do it key hole as its that big or will have to open me up. also said the ovary could be drained and will be able to reconstruct but the ovary could have died already so will have to be taken out. the doctors said will be in few days anyway. so will have to see what the doctors say after the operation. just hoping its not that bad that I think
  • Posted

my hope is what I had. they found a cyst in me while i was pregnate and doctors had to wait to do sugery til 2nd trimester. had to surgery schedule for the following week and all freaked out the day before the surgery the doctor had checked it and it had started to strink on its own. (biggest it got was size of grapefruit). I had no pain, and no extra fluid I would have never known..

Best of luck, prayers for you and for the doctors. Try to keep your mind on being healthy...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.