Ultrasound shows bad alignment of knee

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had my ultrasound this afternoon. The radiologist ( a senior one at the Nuffield, although I am NHS) showed me why I had swellings & was still in pain after 20+ weeks. The knee is not aligned corrrectly. There is a visible "shelf" (his description) that is rubbing all the time on the soft tissue, which is inflamed. So no fluid (is that a relief or not?) - but all the excercising/physio/massage in the world is not going to correct this alignment. I see the consultant on the 30th March, but I have lost ALL confidence in him. His letter to my GP, when I went back to see him with the swellings & pain, said the "alignment was satisfactory", & at the time, I mentioned in this forum, I would rather it was perfect. There is no way I can live with the constant pain, & I dread to think what I'll have to go through for correcting it. Has anyone else had this happen?

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Please don't blame yourself,Veronica. It's normal to feel you may not have helped yourself by over/under done your physiotherapy,returned to work too soon etc. pain can be a terrible master especially in the long term. I also feel like I have lost 15 months of my life and am constantly treading water until the appt next week. Big hug to you over the airwaves!
  • Posted

Hopefully you will soon get the answer you need. 👌
    • Posted

We've made a start. My GP, who is excellent, is writing to the lead consultant, who saw me with the haematoma, & asking if he will re-check my x-rays now the ultrasound is completed & take on whatever needs doing. I stressed to the GP I didn't want to make a fuss, just wanted it sorted & he told me his wife had to change consultants after a shoulder surgery went wrong - so it happens to others too, and those "in the business"!
    • Posted

I am very glad for you . . there is no way you would want the same surgeon to take a second go at you! Good luck
  • Posted

Great news! Hopefully your faith has been restored somewhat and things will go forward from now on .x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.