Ultrasound **Stressed and triggered

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a ultrasound this week, and i called for my results.. and the nurse told me that she couldn't go over my results with me. That i had to wait until my doctor's appointment (next Tues) which is a regular OB app. for her to talk with me. but she added (its not anything bad) I already suffer from anxiety.. now im really flipping the F out... why would i have to wait if it wasnt bad.. im loosing mind now. literally in tears im scared Ps: I have a history of ovarian cyst, I was having ovarian pain, and abdominal pain. now currently.. having vaginal discomfort.. some advice please..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i suffer from anxiety aswell so i know how you are feeling. Obviously nurses have to be professional and cant talk about results over the phone sometimes if they have been told not too. My advice is to not stress over something that you have no idea about yet. Keep busy and your appointment will come soon. I know easier said than done but theres solutions. If she suggested it wasnt anything bad i wouldnt worry!

Also, i am suffering from groin pain pelvic pain in the right side and my doctor said if it carries on he will send me for an ultrasound. Ive been to one before and it was fine but it was for something else. What symptoms do you have? I have been getting pains and lower back pain.

Also the first day of my recent period it was the worst pain in the world! never experienced anything like it before! he said it could he something to do with my ovaries and ive been reading up about ovarian cysts. Please let me know what you think! I hope you feel better very soon 😃

• Posted

thank you for responding!! I also suffer from ovarian cyst! and it sounds like its possible you could have one. i sometimes get random abdominal and ovarian pain.. the abdominal pain, i can relate it to being in labor.. and for my ovaries its like a achy pain.. what's weird for me which is new.. this is the fourth month my period has changed cycles, and my cramps have been out of this world.. also do you get abdominal pain? id definitely ask for one its worth the check you know. i currently have a cyst on my ovary that hasn't gone away doesn't case any health risks its just there . the doctor who did my ultrasound emailed me and said its a possibility i have a polyp.. ive never heard of that. idk if its on my ovary or uterus. she said ill have to wait to talk with my doc . but i think i want to push for endometriosis testing.. i also get lower back pain here and there!! thank you, youre right, im going to try my hardest. if you care to know, ill give an update after my app.

• Posted

Hi, yeah i get abdominal pain too so im not sure, he said to go back if it keeps happening so im going to book an appointment with him and then he will get me a scan. Just a waiting game really. And yeah i know its hard not to think the worst, just think about the postives if its not causing any health risks, its all okay. Try not to stress before you know because you will just put yourself through it 2 times if youre stressing now. Keep busy, and whatever the result it can be worked with. Yes an update would be good! Let me know how everything goes! Im sure you will be fine 😃

• Posted

hey, i hope all is well, i just wanted to update my situation. At my app. yesterday, they looked into my cervix with a camera to identify this polyp (which was so painful btw) they did not find anything.. the doc. did say that , extreme image manipulation had to be used in order to see this growth. but i went ahead and allowed the procedure to be sure. so no polyp as of now. i have a follow up in a month for another

• Posted

Hi, oh okay well im glad they didnt find anything. Stay positive for the follow up! Let me know how it goes! 😃 x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.