Ultrasound Today

Posted , 6 users are following.

After continued pain in GB area for over a year now, I am going for an ultrasound this morning. I have had a CT scan, normal. Scheduled for an endoscopy in March, just want the pain to go away. Burning where GB used to be as well as right side pain and now pain in lower abdomen. Will keep all posted on my results. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sounds as if you have had your gallbladder out. What was that like afterwards? I'm waiting to have mine removed.

Good luck with ultrasound today.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Yes GB was removed back in 2013. You don't want to know what it's like afterwards. Some people have zero issues, some peoples life change for the worst, I am that person. GP opted against ultrasound, wants CT scan, having it Monday morning. Praying they find something. He did mention side pain could be scar tissue from GB surgery, which I was already thinking. Will keep all posted xx Sarah good luck with your surgery.
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer, hope you went on ok this morning. I am similar had gb out nov 2014, recovered felt ok then seemed to start with symptoms id had before. Although now touch wood no attacks just nagging and a feeling of tightness in right side.also lower abdomin where I imagine appendix to be. Didnt want to go back to the doctors as it seems a bit like "its out you're better stop going on about it' and I am compared to some but just a bit worried what's going on and I'd like to be rid of it. At the moment I'm trying all things to help the digestion and hope things get better. I hope you get some help with your pain, it's awful to be left like that.
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer,

That sounds awful, especailly having to live with that pain for over a year since your GB Op, I'm only 8days in now since i had my Gallbladder removed & it was a very nice experience, althought i had it by Key hole Sugery, i'm heverly brused & still in a fair bit of pain, can't lye on my right side & still getting pain simlar to a gallbladder attack somtimes, its early days for me & Just hope i don't suffer like you have been, I no everyone is different & people have different expereinces after the Op, Ill Just have to wait & see how it goes, I really Wish you all the very best & hope they can get to the Root of whats causing you so many problems since your Op,

Please Keep us Informed of whats happened

Take Care of yourself Love.

Hugs x

• Posted

Hi a year after GB op is possible that it will be only scar tissue. I hope is nothing else more serious. I had my GB out last October and since then I've been having symptoms that I've never had before surgery. I feel chest pain, burning,back pain, lump sensation on my throat. It's been horrible because I've now having to deal with other problems and still don't know if this is permanent or not. I hope you get better x
  • Posted

Dr opted against ultrasound on Friday, wanted a CT scan instead. Had that done this morning, paid over $1000, came back "normal". Dr notes were "perhaps scar tissue, see surgeon who removed your gallbladder". HA. Awesome. No "cure" for scar tissue and I'm not taking pain meds the rest of my life. Hopefully Endoscopy I have scheduled on 3/13 will give more info on pain. Thanks all smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.