Ultrasound/transvaginal - Full bladder?

Posted , 6 users are following.

My letter says to have a full bladder for the scan but if I need a transvaginal will I have to empty it?

Did you have both at the same appoint? Can I ask what happened?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've had it done at the same time and it's not bad. I was allowed to use the bathroom right before the scan and for me it wasn't uncomfortable at all and I had cysts all over my left ovary.

• Posted

Hi mason.

They will give you a normal scan at first and if they cant see it to well then they will ask you to empty your bladder so they can do a transvanginal. Its not painfull or uncomfortable at all. It only takes 10 minutes & they will see the size etc.

Good luck.x

• Posted

The consultant I saw was very sympathetic and allowed me to go to the loo between the ordinary scan and internal scan. 
  • Posted

Go with a full bladder for ultrasound then if you need transvaginal they'll send you to go out for a wee and you come back in straight away

• Posted

Thank you all!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.