Umbilical hernia

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi I just found out I have an umbilical hernia it's a small one my doctor says but I'm going to be having surgery on the 27th of this month can anybody tell me how did the surgery go and how did you feel after how long did it take you to recover and how long did it take to be able to drive again any feedback will be much appreciated thank you and God bless

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Just over 2 weeks ago I had a small umbillical hernia repair. It was quite painful afterwards but after a very short time noticed a pain reduction. I was driving one week after surgery. Good luck

• Posted

hi eleanor

thank you so much for your reply good to hear you feeling better can you let me know if they ended up putting a mesh on you I have heard so many bad things about that I mentioned it's the doctor and he told me that he would have it on hand just in case but he doesn't think he would have to use it I'm praying to God he doesn't!!!

• Posted

Hi

I hope they aren't using mesh to repair the hernia. If so, please do your research on it first as it can cause complications. I had pelvic mesh removed 11 months ago. Mesh is made from polypropylene and it shrinks, twists and your body can reject it.

• Posted

hello fifipat

I mentioned it to the doctor because I've heard bad things about it he said that he might not use it but he would have it on hand just in case he says my hernia is small so hopefully he doesn't have to use it sorry to hear about your situation hopefully you're feeling better now thank you!!!

• Posted

i agree... don't do mesh for small umbilical hernia... i had it done for my umbilical hernia and it ruined three years of my life until i had it removed. it's a simple fix without mesh.

• Posted

I hope it all goes well for you. Sorry to hear you had issues with the mesh

• Posted

hello esoteric..

I would definitely be on my doctor not to use it if it's absolutely not necessary I am so sorry to hear about your complication with this thank you so much for your reply blessings!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.