Umbilical hernia

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello I will be having surgery Thursday for an umbilical hernia the doctor told me to not take any aspirin 7 days prior to that but last night I had a terrible headache and I had to take my Excedrin Migraine because it's the only thing that works for me can anybody tell me if they ever took any thing for a headache or any aspirin prior to the surgery and if it was okay to do so I took it last night so that would be 7 Days Thursday I'm just wondering if anybody has gone through the situation thank you God bless!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Asprin is a blood thinner. Try ibuprofen. Good luck with your surgery.

• Posted

You should be OK. The problem with aspirin and other NSAIDs, is that they thin the blood and make it a little difficult to control bleeding during surgery.

Good luck with your surgery. I had an umbilical hernia repair it went fantastic, with a very minor amount of pain and no complications, and back at work in a couple days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.