Umbillical hernia repair pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Me again. I am desperate to here from anyone who had umbillical hernia repair increased pain post 7 weeks op. Having a ultrasound wednesday there is lumplump below the navel. Consultant thinkthinks unlikley another hernia but maybe fluifluild collection build up. Mesh was used

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to say it but it's probably the mesh. Test for everything else first though. I have no idea why they keep using meshes for easy hernias like umbilical that don't require them. I had a mesh put in and it ruined my life for 3 years until I had it removed. It was for umbilical too. Hope you find a solution. I wish I could be a part of that class action lawsuit in the states... the companies and doctors should be held accountable for ruining people's lives.

• Posted

I really don't know. You would have to ask a doctor. Both surgeries were no fun for me, but I healed a lot quicker after the removal.

• Posted

hello eleanor779

I had umbilical hernia surgery around 3 weeks ago no mesh though thank god but after two weeks I started noticing that there was a fluid coming out of my belly button so I went to the doctor she checked me said everything looked fine that it was just probably some back water whatever that means so I left it at that but a week later there's still fluid coming out and I started getting pain so I went in again when she checked me she said it seemed that I had an infection and that's the fluid and maybe that's what's causing me the pain they put me on antibiotics hopefully I start feeling better it's been only three days now since I started taking them but I still have pain Maybe it is accumulated fluid and that's what's causing you the pain but I would check with the doctor about the mesh because I've heard a lot of complaints about it I hope everything gets better for you and it's nothing serious because the last thing you need is to have another hernia I thought this was going to be an easy procedure like they said but it's been 3 weeks now and I'm still feeling uncomfortable and in pain I would have you in my prayers blessings!!!

• Posted

Thanks i am having no dischargdischarve from it which poinpoints me more to mesh issues. I have heard its riskyrisky to remove the mesh so i have no idea where i stanstand with this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.