Ummm my wife has problem relieving herself when she goes to the washroom, what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

She is almost one month pregnant and is having a problem when going for a short call, she fells pressed all the time and can't seem to pee each time she tries to, what should we do?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tyson

Sorry to hear your wife's problems I hope you find a problem and it's an easy fix.

Can I ask is she passing any urine at all?? My wife had similar symptoms around the 6-12 week stage, the urologist and midwife was a little perplexed and only came up that it was the positioning of the baby, and said it would get better, she finally managed to completely empty her bladder on her own, as she had a permanent catherter on as she was only dribbling small amounts but a bladder scan showed just over 1 ltr.

As I said it stopped after 16 weeks on its own accord, I would suggest you go to your GP or A&E for some advice and a check for a Urine infection possible something simple, but please get her checked ASAP.

Fingers crossed for you both and let me k ow how you get on.

Regards

George (UK)

• Posted

Yes she is passing some urine but in very small bits, it very distressing to her
    • Posted

I totally understand how uncomfortable it can be, I had Caudia equina when I spinal injury, and I couldn't pee and when they catherterised me it passed nearly 1.4 ltrs, it's so painfully and uncomfortable. Please go to A&E as soon as you can as this could cause more problems later on.

In my case I now self catherterise 5-7 times a day as when I had my spinal fusion they damaged the secral nerve so it feels up and I can feel it but just can't go, they told me nothing they can do. Great when I was 35 when that happened and been like it 3 years and now they say for life.

Good luck and hope it gets sorted before Xmas

George

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.