Unable to go out and pip review form

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, I sent off the new pip review form for my son, on it they say someone may telephone us for further information, so now I'm worrying about going out in case I'm driving and can't answer my phone, will they call back?, I'm supposed to go to the docs next week and am thinking of maybe cancelling my appointment so I can be in just in case pip people ring

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

HI Angela,

The assessment providers will only ever ring claimants or appointees if they do a paper based assessment and this is very highly unlikely. Paper based assessments are very rare. Even those who send in mountains of the best evidence very rarely have them.

My advice is don't stop your life because you're waiting for this call because it just may not happen.

If DWP decision maker does ring a claimant then it would be after the assessment has taken place and the assessment report is back with DWP. Sometimes they will ring to ask a question or two before making a decision. This could be a long way off yet, and even then it's possible they won't ring. Good luck with the review.

• Posted

Hi Angela like Denise says they very rarely ring anyone, it's a computer generated letter sent out to each one of us after we return our paperwork, don't worry if they do ring you they will ring you back if you don't answer, your phone and don't risk answering it while driving it's definitely not worth losing your license over.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.