Unable to lose belly fat

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello!

So I'm happy with my diet progress, I've lost two stone and am happy with my weight. BUT I still have a lot of belly fat! I eat a vegan diet, exercise regularly (either gym or swimming- all cardio, maybe I need to weight train?) so I don't know why I can't shift this stomach fat? Belly fat does seem to run in my family, but it's so frustrating as a 19 year old woman to have this fat around my mid section that won't shift. I do suffer from PCOS which could be a contributing factor. I actually cannot lose any more weight as a few more pounds weight loss will push my BMI into the underweight category. My body looks pretty ridiculous because everywhere else is slim other than my belly- my hips and rib bones stick out a little but in between is lots of fat! Is there ANYTHING I can do to shift this? Thanks. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You don't say how old you are but as you get older especially fat. Sticking in problem areas can be hard to shift, you will probably need to do some serious fat urni g exercise. Target the stomach  and use weights if you can. I am at the same point myself , not skinny but after weight loss make sure you are eating plenty proteins and that together with resistance training will build lean muscle and burn stubborn fat. You will then find you become more shapely, you don't have to look muscly!
  • Posted

Besides vigorous cardio which burns fat, try cutting your cortisol level and regulate your estrogen conversion. Both of these in higher levels are associated with belly fat. To cut cortisol take Holy Basil 800-1200 mg daily. For estrogen regulation try supplement DIM which balances estrogen conversion which is mostly what is stored in the belly fat. You can find these supplements in vitamin shops. You may also look into aromatase inhibitors like crysin or a product called Formadrol to help you will too much estrogen
  • Posted

My suggestion is this. First, relax and figure out what could be the problem. Next, you need to focus on a complete lifestyle change. This is the realest solution to solve your problem. Eat right and exercise. 
  • Posted

As your exercise & diet plan is going good, only worrying about belly fats.

Here lemme tell you one fantastic tip do cycling to reduce belly fats. This will work, and swimming is also good way to reduce the body fat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.