Unable to lose weight with PCOS and Hypothyroidism

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with PCOS last November. My period was irregular for about 1 year before that and around November of last year I had all of my blood work done which showed that I have Hypothyroidism and high androgen levels. I have been taking levotgtroxine and my thyroid level is very close to 1 now. I was prescribed metaformin for my PCOS but I cannot stomach more than 1 500mg pill a day. I have been working with a personal trainer for 6 months now. I workout 3-5 days a week and do HIIT and weight litifing I also meal prep. I am unable to do a low carb diet because I get heartburn very easily. I also take Clonapin for Anxiety and Celexa for depression. I am 5"1 and 195 pounds I was 127 pounds just 3 years ago. I am just trying to figure out how I can navigate these circumstance and get back to my old self.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ok dear, first thing first. You are way too overweight. Doing HIIT without a low carb is no benefit. Diet is very important in pcos because with a good low carb high protein diet even a 45 min walk can do wonders.

Secondly for androgens, i would strongly recommend you start having 2 cups of spearmint tea daily.

Hope you get well soon. smile

• Posted

And yes, not to worry because anxiety will hinder you journey to get fit. Just stay relaxed. Its a long road but slowly and consistently you will get there.

And you will, thess things will vanish out from your memories. So stay focused and stay calm. wink

• Posted

Hi Amy,

I have been able to lose 65 lbs . I have spent so much money trying to lose weight with several different diets. This is my before and after picture. It took me 5 months to lose 65 lbs. It really was a dream come true. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.