Unable to sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

As the title says, I am havimg issues falling asleep. Im a high school student and we just got done with midterms right before a break. But during the entire 2 weeks we were off for break it takes me 1-2 hours to fall asleep and if I wake up I cannot fall back asleep. 

I am at school from 7:30 to 3:30 and right after I’ll workout for 1-2 hours then go home and work on homework. Once I finish homework I’ll play video games until 10 where I’ll leave the computer to let my brain rest before I try to sleep.

I do not take any medication, never drink soda or any caffeinated drinks, I have s pretty low sugar intake, I usually skip breakfast but I still eat around 3500 calories a day (I have a fast motabolism, working out burns most of the extra calories)

I used to sleep from 11pm to 6am but not its gone up to 1am and if I wake up I cannot fall back asleep.

I was wondering what might be going on and what could I do to solve it?

Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, I just re-read that and saw all the typos!
  • Posted

I would cut out the activity just before bedtime so that the brain has a chance to shutdown for the night. This is because over stimulation of the brain in activities before sleeping is disadvantageous and prone to insomnia.
  • Posted

maybe take a bath or  shower to relax yourself during the last hour or meditate. I would experiment and see what works best for you.
  • Posted

Read all the reviews about sleep medication and learn how useless and dangerous sleep medication are.If you don't get sleep for few days,let it be.Your body will heal on its own.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.