Unable to sleep!! Sertraline and anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

need some friendly support!! I've been on sertraline 50mg for 5 1/2 weeks now for anxiety and nocturnal anxiety probably caused by menopause? Went on holiday and had a great week with lots of sleep but on returning my anxiety (quivering)and no sleep has returned! think it got set off by association of the bad month I've had in my home on returning from holiday ! Feeling very disheartened!! Looks like I need to keep going but it's hard!! 😕 x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Natalie, it is good signal that you have great week, it is mean that Zoloft working. Just keep going. As for me, I was 8 weeks and half on 50 mg and didn't have any good day. So I upped to 75 mg and Today second day on it. So I hope that it will work for me soon. I am not first time on Zoloft and it always was working on 50mg, but now looks like my brain get used 50 mg. Keep me updated about your conditions and good luck to us wink

• Posted

Thank you Ann. It's the horrible constant quivering that is making me anxious!! Then my heart beats faster and it's impossible to get to sleep!! Now scared of nights and just don't since to be able to clear my head of how I feel all the time again ?! X

• Posted

If the side effects are unbearable beg your doctor for pregablin, it's an off label med for anxiety but won't increase it at first like ssris. I can't say how they will work as I'm still building up to taking them, but alot of people swear by them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.