Unable to straighten

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

Does anyone have any foolproof ways of straightening the leg after TKR? 

I'm 5 week. +4  days and still walking like a chicken! 

Bend is good about 120 but straight is stuck @ 10 

I've tried all the recommended physio plus a few i made up and I'm still having problems.

i have 6 flights of stairs to get down which is ok (don't like the clicking my knee makes though) and then a hobble along the roa. With  cane. I long to walk properly now! 

the top of my knee seems to be stopping the knee straightening when standing (that's where the tightness is) 

wheni  walk the knee is unbearably tight despite icing, heat  and massage. Glad for any ideas as i need to get OUT! rolleyes

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Where do I get this loiton gel. All the internet wants to give me is various lotions!
    • Posted

Hi 

is available over the counter in uk and Australia 

you may have to go online to buy it if in the US

you could try ebay? I have seen it on there

• Posted

Thanks I'll try our larger pharmacies locally. All the ones I finally found online and eBay are no longer working or unavailable. Could try more sites but so near to Christmas would like to get it soon as our postal service and couriers have gone into meltdown after Black Friday. Love the UK and it's inability to cope with obvious consequences.
    • Posted

Are you in the US Diana? I found a link on eBay that is active and is for the same Lioton gel that Caz listed, and I have ordered some. There seem to be a number of different formulas depending on which country is selling it. OFG found it in the US but it is not the same as the Australian gel. Anyway, let me know if you'd like the link and I'll message it to you. I' pretty sure I can't put the link in this post.
  • Posted

it may be the clicking that puts you off , it did me ,untill i went out with my daughter and as we walked we talked and i walked better all because i couldnt feel it , it is still early for you ,dont let it beat you smile
    • Posted

Thanks Debbie 

i think youre right. I wasnt aware of it all in the hydrotherapy session! 

I want to get fit as possible so I'll wear ear plugs if necessary! Lol smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.