Unavailability of Glaucoma medication

Posted , 3 users are following.

For some years now I have been using Brimonidine drops but suddenly, they have become unavailable. Consultant baffled as this is, apparently,the basic/standard glaucoma medication. Anybody else having this problem?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello not sure if you are in the UK as I have not heard of diminishing What I can tell you s that I have been using a glaucoma drop called Azopt which has,suddenly become unavailable. Apparently a problem with distributor although I have been told that supplies will be available end of the month. In the meantime as I will run out of the azopt end of this week I will now have to take the generic version of azopt Brinzolamide. It should be the same but I do have very sensitive eyes so will not know until I start at the weekend. I wonder if this the drug you are referring to.
  • Posted

I have posted a link to Nice, it looks as though the side effects are unacceptable
    • Posted

It says they are waiting to moderate it, I'll send it to you by private message

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.