Unbalanced dizzy feeling came back after two months on thyroid med

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi in December I was diagnosed as hypothyroid. I had caught glandular fever in the summer which messed me up really bad, I started feeling dizzy 24/7 not room spin but unbalanced feeling, apart from when driving and cycling or lying down. Once I started Levothyroxine It stopped and I thought thats brilliant. Getting back to my old self I felt great. Last week I started to feel dizzy again and I thought no not again. Now Its back to how it was before I started the medication. Im on 50mcg since Xmas eve.

Any suggestions welcome people

24 by the way

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

well all I know is that when you start taking thyroxine you are put on a relatively small dose and  after awhile it is increased and so on until you are on the correct dose for your body. I would think that if you only started taking them in recent months you are not on the right dose yet and your doctor should  retest you.. You are never put on a high dose straight away, it is a gradual increase. That is my understanding of it. Someone more knowledgable than I may have different ideas, but I am pretty sure that is what happens. After all, when one starts taking  thyroxine     without testing  how can one know it is  correct ? Go back to your Doctor
  • Posted

Got DRS tomorrow, I was wondering whether the DR can prescribe a higher dose of levo before any blood test results come back. My blood test is over two weeks away. Is it possible to take 2 50 levos instead of one or would that be overdosage.

In England by the way 

• Posted

I have got a condition called RBBB (right bundle branch block )   something to do with right side of the heart. When diagnosed the Dr asked  if I had overdosed at the beginning of my diagnosis for thyroid. I said  No. However i knew that I had tried to speed  up the dose Ask if you can bring test forward as you are feeling rotten

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.