Unbalanced sleep patter after quit mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, it's now about 8 weeks that I quitted mirtazapine, I took it for one year for only an insomnia problem. Now It's going fine except for the fact that I'm experiencing a strange sleep patern: one night I slept very well with a deep sleep, in the day I feel rested but sleepy as I slept too much, and in the next night I slept bad with a light sleep. The next day as I slept not too much good I go to sleep in the evening tired and I sleep well, and so on the pattern repeat, I alternate one good sleep night and one bad. Is it still a withdrawal symptom ? Before taking this drug I never had this sleep, I had some insomnia not severe only in some nights that is the reason why I took this drug. I hope it's not due to a permanent change of the brain chemistry by this drug. Any advice please...thanks.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

What dose for how long and did you taper ?
    • Posted

Hi Sarah, I took 7,5mg for about six months, then 15mg and then increase to 30mg. I tapered from 30 to 15 wait for 15 days then from 15 to 7,5 and wait for 7 days then off.

• Posted

How long were you on it all together and at 30. Many people can get off this med easily and if this is your only withdrawal symptom you are pretty lucky. How long it will last may depend on how long you were on it
    • Posted

I was about 6-8 months on 7,5mg, then 2 months on 15 and another 2 months on 30.
    • Posted

Yes it's seem going slowly better, did you taper from mirtazapine too ? Did you have withdrawal symptoms ?

• Posted

I am still on mirt but will taper soon. Am on a support group of people tapering and everyone is very different. It sounds like you have been quite lucky. You can join if you want ?
    • Posted

On fb. It is a withdrawal support group. Look up Toria Stockford on fb and send a message to join

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.