Unbearable

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm feeling so so depressed this week, and yesterday evening it all got so much worse. I'm home alone this weekend and everything is just too much. I've nobody I can talk to about this until Monday. The pain is just indescribable. Don't know what to do. Can't put it into words

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hello inmate88,

i like your name. so sorry you are in so much pain. i wish i could help you. do you have a television? when i'm in bad shape, and have no one to turn to (which is all the time), i just put the tv on and try to get lost in a program i enjoy. good luck to you

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply. I do have a tv yes, I'll try watching something.

I have various mental health issues, and a difficult situation where nobody in my family knows of my problems. I do have my psychiatrist and other mental health team members though.

I thought about calling the crisis number to talk things through with someone, but I'm only really comfortable talking details with my people who know me.

I hope you have some support you're able to access.

• Posted

hi inmate88.

i know you've said you only feel comfortable talking to people who know you but i've talked to the crisis team before, got a lovely woman who sat and chatted to me for ages and in a way it brought me comfort knowing that this person doesn't know me, can't prejudge me and yet will sit here talking to me for as long as i need them.

I really do highly recommend you give them a try.

sometimes it is better talking to someone who only knows you over the phone.

best of luck

• Posted

Hi Inmate,I know exactly how you feel. It's so hard to describe it. I have had hypomania with low mood last two days. I can't concentrate on TV when I'm like this. I had to force myself to do a bit of house chores. It will pass but in the meantime I will always listen. Best wishes X
  • Posted

I'm sorry you are not doing so good. Try to hang in there. You don't have a crisis line you can talk to do you or have you ever tried the nami hotline if you need someone to talk to look up the number and call them 

Elizabeth

• Posted

Try to keep busy. I know it's hard but try and engage in exercise. Maybe an online meditation group or something. Just to get you interacting with others and keep your kind off of negative thoughts.
    • Posted

do you have the names of any on line meditation groups Chante?
    • Posted

I'm using an app on my iPhone called headspace not a website
  • Posted

I'm using an apple app called headspace. You can interact with others as well as have an online counsellor and time meditations and so forth. It's only free for a limited time though but I've heard there's many useful apps
  • Posted

I'm feeling very depressed too and it's hard to describe how low I feel, I know that doesn't help your situation, but just thought it might help I'm some small way to know you're not the only one going through this right now
    • Posted

hiya jenijar,

just reading your comment to inmate88 helped ME. i'm in a very bad way right now. knowing that i'm not the only one going through it, brought some comfort. thank you!

• Posted

Heya Laura, I'm glad I was able to bring some comfort to you knowing that you're not the only one going through this right now. It's so unbearably hard isn't it, and so hard to put into words just how painful and distressing it is, most days I just want to stay in bed all day, but manage to get up around 2pm.

Do you have anyone supporting you through it? And are you taking any medication and/or receiving any therapy? I'm 33 and did live alone but I've come back to stay with my parents. I take escitalopram 15mg for depression and anxiety and also just started quetiapine for the obsessive thoughts I get as part of OCD, I also take lorazepam for anxiety x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.