Unbearable abdominal pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

For 3 weeks now I have had widespread abdominal pain. It all started in my upper left quadrant then to my right then both my lower quadrants now it literally hurts all over. My poo and pee looks and feels mostly normal, a few loose stools but nothing I’m not used too. The pain radiates to my mid back and also a little into my chest. 

I’ve been tested for H pylori, blood work for all major organs and had a barrium swallow. I also had a ultrasound a few months back for unrealated pain I was having and the only thing found was fatty liver. I ralrey drink and don’t smoke. I’m on cipralex and nortiptlyne both been taking for a few months. I also recently started taking vitamin D magnesium melatonin and a probiotic to help with the effect of the cipralex. I’m a 25 year old male.  

Does anyone know what this could be? A med or vitamin side effect? Something els?? I’m waiting fogoing a CT scan but that could be weeks and it’s getting worse. 

Please help me!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi timlit2r,

I guess the most sensible thing to do is to go and see your Doctor.

Abdominal pain is not normal and therefore must be investigated.

Hope you get the problem sorted out and you can move on.

You don’t mention whether you’re vomiting, nauseous or whether you’re eating and drinking normally with a good appetite but even on its own abdo pain should be looked at. 

Good luck 

Jane 

• Posted

it could be pancreas or nerve pain

See your gp ask for more tests.

been in pain for 4 months across upper abdomen sometimes just under right

Pain goes through to my back nauseas for first 10 weeks.

Taken Nexium Serc zofran stemital had gall bladder ultra had 3 btestd

Gastritis. It seems to get 90% better for 3 or 4 days then bam nightmare.

Had p test bloods negative. Now rpt but by breath next week

Rpt of ultrasound on entire upper abdomen next week ive had enough.

Lost 4 klgs i eat but get pain endoscopy is next im terrified of having one

Your not alone xxxxx

• Posted

Ask about IBS and gastritis.  Try coming off these medications to see if that could be the cause.  Medications can cause side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.