unbearable feet pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, Please help if you can.

I am 41 years old and for most of my adulthood I have been in jobs where you had to stand for a lot of hours. Never had any serious problems other then the ususal discomford from standing 2 long. In the last two weeks I have moved to a new job where I am required to stand. When I took the position thought of nothing of it because I am used to standing a lot.As i said I started a new job and on my first day my feet were in so much pain and even a burning sensation that I strugled to finish my shift. Never felt anything like it before. On my second day after 2 hours I felt like crying in the middle of the store, couldent finish my shift. Third day same thing, walked out after an hour. I have been in the past standing for more then 8 hours and never felt like this and now cant cope with one hour. I tried lots of different insoles and arches but no luck. Recently I wake up and the soles of my feet are sore even before I stand. On top of that I have no energy to even walk two minutes I feel trained. I have been to my doctor and she was no help at all. I asked her could it be diabetes because my father is a diabetic, but because I had blood tests 6 months ago for something else, she just said that everything was ok and refused to send me for blood tests. Could things change in 6 months? she dident want to consider that. Now I am left with pain non stop every day, fear and stress that in the end I would get fired from my new job.Sometimes I walk home from an unfinished shift and I just want to cry from pain or even chop my feet up hoping to get some relief. Tried warm water soaking my feet, salt in the water but nothing helps. I dont understand how can I be in a job standing up with no pain and the next day I can manage one hour through the shift.Please please help, any advice will be apriciated. At the moment Pain is bad and just made the move yesterday to register with a different GP. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Please say  where in your foot is the pain, and whether you changed your shoes for the new job.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply. Pain is on both feets underneeth even around the toes and thats with a feeling of burning sensation. even touching my feet feel worm. when I try to rest it turns to some kind of throbbing pain all underneeth the feet. When this first happen, I had the same shoes as before. Then after I bought new ones to see if it will make any difference but it hassent. I have even tried arch insoles and the new isoles advertised on tv by scholl.
  • Posted

Oh andria07034, I know just how you are suffering, I too had a job on my feet all day (years ago) I had to change my shoes every hour, to finish my shift. I used to go home and soak my feet giving them massage. I now have MN so always knew I would have feet problems. I now use a cream Margaret Dabbs foot hygiene cream. You warm it in your hand before massaging your feet. It won't cure your problem however will help a lot.

keep going back to your doctor, ask for an MRI scan.

hope you get on ok . Take care. Jenny 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.