Posted , 3 users are following.
Since starting my period age 12, they've been heavy, I lose a lot of blood and usually a lot of clots, I get pains that i can only describe as like contractions, I spend most days on my period crying because i cant deal with how much pain i'm in. I've been to the doctors more times than I can count.
The last time I had blood tests done, these were the results:
- testosterone 1.5nmol/L
- serum androstenedione 5.6nmol/L (marked as abnormal but never received any follow up or information as to what this could mean)
- DHEA sulphate 10.1umol/L (again marked as abnormal, again no follow up)
- serum SHBG 20nmol/L
- free androgen index 7.5
- serum 25-HO vit D3 level 47.4nmol/L (again marked as abnormal with no feedback)
- serum sex hormone binding glob 19nmol/L
- serum tesosterone 2.85nmol/L
- another free androgen index (?) 15%
- serum FSH 6.70iu/L
Its getting to the point where I'm getting depressed because every month I spend 5 days in crippling pain feeling tired, because I cant sleep because of how much pain i'm in, worrying about being at work because even with the heaviest flow tampon, I leak through so have to wear an overnight pad in addition to the tampon and change every couple of hours.
surely this is not normal to live with this amount of pain?
I have been for an ultrasound once before and was told "normal no action" (thats literally all the receptionist said to me over the phone). I just dont know what else to do, I don't want to live like this anymore 😦
I have a lot of the other symptoms of PCOS but obviously the ultrasound didnt show anything.
I also have symptoms of endometriosis but this has never been considered.
Just looking for some help/advice.
0 likes, 5 replies