Uncertain...

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm going to start off by saying I've done something impulsively dumb out of pure panic. A couple weeks ago I felt a tiny bump on the perineum area. It was bright white and kinda reminded me of milia like some people get near their eyes. I kinda freaked out because I had another skin colored bump right on the edge of my anus. I don't have a history of genital warts but instead of going to a doctor I decided to get whatever that was off me like now. I couldn't find any pictures of genital warts online that looked like what I had but read if you put vinegar on the area warts will turn white. Welp, the whole area turned white. On closer examination (very hard to see details down there) I noticed lots of white specs all over the perineum and around my anus. I could also see the original bump next to my anus was oblong and didn't look like the rest. I've kinda come to the conclusion that bump is actually a fissure due to constipation.

So, my question here is did anyone with LS start out thinking they had warts or something else? I found pictures of LS online last night and that resembles what I had more than anything I've seen so far.

In my panic over warts I decided to try to kill them with vinegar. I soaked them a couple times a day with apple cider vinegar for several days. It burnt like hell but the bumps are gone...and some skin too. Needless to say it's very irritated down there. I jumped the gun on that. I've since found out that any skin abnormality will likely turn white with vinegar. I took pictures but I'm not sure if they'll attach.

Thoughts anyone?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Could this be genital herpes? Sounds like it

• Posted

I don't think so. From what i understand herpes are usually either painful, itchy, blister-like, red, rash-like, or a combination of any of those. Whatever this was wasn't any of those things. It didn't look like an variations of the google images I found. I'm a little itchy now down there where the healthy skin I burnt with the vinegar is healing. I'm going to try to post pictures again. I got a file too large notice earlier.

• Posted

File size is too big

Does anyone know how to make a file size smaller? I can't seem to post pictures at all.

• Posted

File size is too big

Does anyone know how to make a file size smaller? I can't seem to post pictures at all.

• Posted

Are you trying to upload from a mobile device? if so, try using a Laptop computer, a PC or a Mac to upload .....

• Posted

Yes, just trying to upload from my phone. I didn't even think about using the computer. I'll email the images to myself when I'm home and see if that works. Thanks for the tip!

• Posted

You should see a Dr because you need to get the area biopsied. If you are a female go to

a gynecologist.

I had similar condition and was even told previous to the biopsy (visual exam) that it was probably HPV, ( genital warts) But it was not. It was LS and the bumps were VIN, Vaginal Epithelial Neoplasia.

It is best to get it looked at. These things are considered pre- cancer.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I need to make an appointment with the gyn.

I live in a very small, very rural town where everyone knows everyone. I'm going to have to find a doctor somewhere else. I'm aware hippa laws are in place to protect my privacy but I also hear things. The doctors are fine...it's the rest of the staff I worry about.

I haven't had a lot of sexual partners and always use protection but I believe both HPV and HSV can be spread even with condom use. If I have something sexually transmitted then I'd prefer for it to not be the talk of the town 😕

• Posted

Understandable. But you can have either of those without even being active. You can be born with it in your DNA. Too many people have that attitude. I, myself didn't know that until they did the DNA test on me. And the HSV is the same virus as chicken pox and shingles and even though I had the immunization for shingles I still got them. There's so many strains I was told that they can't possibly vaccinate for all of them. But public perception is that they can, and as you say people think the worst.

• Posted

This is the little thing I felt while showering.

• Posted

And this is what happened after trying to get rid of the little white specky skin thing.

If I scroll in close on the first picture, I can just barely see the outline of those other spots...they a little irregularly shaped, skin colored.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.