Uncircumcised penis, what should I do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone, first of all I would like say congratulations to this forum for it's great community and also to the people who advice the askers regarding their issues. 

To get straight to the point, I'm 23 years old and my penis is uncircumcised, never had sex so far but I'm worried about my condition regarding my foreskin that cannot be retracted. When I was a kid or teenager I didn't take care of it mainly because I was unaware and thought it's not a big deal I'll clean it another time, postponing it.

Later when I grew up more, I knew that I should take care of me and clean my penis but the fact that I couldn't pull back the foreskin scared me thinking it's some kind of phimosis or any other condition that requires surgery. I didn't put any effort into trying to retract the foreskin all those years for a number of reasons ( e.g. Anxiety, Fear, Dissapointment about girls ) and now I'm facing the consequences. I'm not sure if spending some time in a daily basis would help, with the methods that are suggested but I can assure you that if I touch the head ( just a little part that shows up ) it feels so painful. Moreover I need to mention I don't experience any issues with urination, ejaculation or any other symptom in the area, it feels alright but I can't excuse myself for making that mistake. However no point of regretting, all that matters now is how I'm supposed to fix it. I tried to be concise so sorry if I forgot to mention something, feel free to ask me! And also not sure if I'm supposed to upload pictures, just let me know! Thank you very much for your time and help! I look forward to hearing your opinions!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

If it doesn't retract it probably doesn't need washing. If it did, you'd be having problems with smell and / or infection. It doesn't sound broke so probably doesn't need fixing!

• Posted

Thank you very much for your response!

I'm not sure if it can't retract at all, I mean when I was about 8-10 years old my doctor once tried to check it and pulled back the foreskin normally in order to clean it. So if I was able to find a right technique or method, it could be retracted I guess. But now I'm concerned because it might not look natural to the girl if I have sex, because most penises have the head appeared or I'd get too sensitive with the friction as some part of the tip would get revealed and in case it has contact it feels so painful. Am I able to have sex like this? What do you suggest me doing?

• Posted

This should help you add images:

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402861-how-do-i-add-an-image-to-my-post

If you're using a phone or tablet, you may need to choose the desktop/PC option in your browser.

• Posted

If you don't want to post pics, then I think you should see a doctor and get their opinion.  If their only suggestion is circumcision (which might happen if you're in the USA, though is unlikely in the UK), then see another doctor.

Most cases of phimosis can be fixed with stretching or steroid creams, but occasionally surgery is required (preputioplasty, or as a last resort circumcision).  Some men choose to live with phimosis, but personally, I'd try to get it fixed, even if it was an extreme case that required circumcision.  You can have sex without a retractible foreskin, and it sounds like you don't have problems masturbating, but it's the inner side of the foreskin, that's the most sensitive part for me, so I don't see how sex or masturbation could be as much fun if I couldn't retract.  Men with phimosis also have a higher risk of penile cancer, which whilst very rare, is obviously something you really don't want.

Some of these links may help:

https://patient.info/search.asp?searchterm=phimosis

• Posted

I live in Greece actually but there's no any specific traidition regarding this health topic ( e.g. everyone must be circumcised ) but I'm afraid of what the doctor will say about me. I know I should seek for some doctor's opinion but I'm a little anxious even if I have to make a local surgery. Moreover, despite the fact that the inner side of the foreskin could be painfull during sex, I think I could handle it, it's just the fact that I feel like my penis is abnormal at some point and the girl might be disappointed. If I post pictures here can you give an evaluation? Thank you very much!

• Posted

If you're in Greece, then it's unlikely that a doctor would recommend circumcision unless it's actually necessary.  They could also prescribe steroid creams that may help you fix it without surgery.

I'm not a doctor, but I and other people here could tell you if it looks unusual, and which treatment options might be effective, or whether it might just fix itself.

• Posted

If you had a girlfriend who was bothered by the appearance of your penis, that might be the time to look into what the doctors can do. However, every couple finds their own way of enjoying each others' bodies in their own way and if she cares about you, she won't reject you just on this issue. If she did, it might be a good indication that you'd be better off without her! 

• Posted

I never had a sexual contact so no girl has seen my penis so far but I'm afraid they might feel odd considering the foreskin doesn't retract. But I agree with the last thing you said mate.

• Posted

I sort of mirrored you in my youth. When I was growing up my foreskin never retracted and I was never taught to pull it back to clean underneath so I just left it forward. My foreskin never retracted when erect so I just left it be. When I was around twenty I started to pull it back regularly and slowly it loosened till it went back when I was erect. It goes back on its own nowadays so I'd think practice will soon have your problem gone.

• Posted

Did you do that dry or did you use a particular lube or cream?
    • Posted

I done that dry, the teenage me never knew what lube was! I suppose I was just a late developer. I clearly remember my erect penis hurting when I retracted my foreskin when I was teenager, so I just used to used it forward. My doctor suggested retracting regularly when flaccid so it kind of got used to it, or I'd have had a circumcision. Luckily for me by my mid twenties it functioned perfectly. Nowadays as soon as I get an erection my foreskin retracts naturally with no effort at all with very few problems. All I have left to show for my early problems is some scarring on my glans.

• Posted

I would think if you were never able to pull your foreskin back, it would need to be cleaned, which is why your doctor did it when you were younger. When I was growing up, and even in my adulthood, my foreskin always pulled back with no problem...it was very easy. And to look at me, you would think I was circumsized, and some women actually thought I was. That's because they were used to guys who couldn't retract at all...never even seeing the head of their penis. 

Like ml66uk said, let a doctor look at it and get his/her opinion. We can tell you how we feel about it, but the final decision is yours. Good luck, Bill!

• Posted

First of all thank you very much for your opinion, I appreciate your help! I think I might need to get a doctor's opinion, I'm just worried of what they'll tell me about my case considering I'm anxious person. I wouldn't really mind if I keep it like this for the rest of my life cause I don't have any symptoms or issues with the use of my penis. Do you think I should post pictures?

• Posted

Hey Bill...As I stated, the final decision will be yours, but still get a doctor's opinion. Like james16984 said, constant usage might loosen your foreskin and make things a bit easier for you. And if you're happy the way you are, so be it...march on!  I'm very exctied that I'm not circumsized...masturbation is easy and I have had no problems throughout my life beingn uncircumsized. Some women prefer circumsized men, but I don't let that bother me or stop me. And you shouldn't let that bother you.  You may post pictures if you'd like...I'm sure we would like to see if it's really a problem. Does your foreskin retract when you're soft?

• Posted

I definitely think with constant usage your foreskin will become more supple over time. Does it retract okay when you're flaccid? I found mine would go back unless I had an erection when it would just be too tight and painful. But after months of retracting when having a wee or in the shower it really made a difference. It would be interesting to see how tight yours is when "normal". Shame we never had smartphones when I was twenty, I could have taken a picture showing what mine was like.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.