UNCOMFORTABLE FEELING UNDER LEFT BOTTOM RIBS?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all

first off i had constipation and got laxido and that cleared but it took a lot of straining it lasted around 8-10 days. i feel like i can now go toilet with no trouble.

now for the past 3-4 days I have been getting a weird feeling under my bottom left rib. it doesnt hurt or anythings its just uncomfortable my stools seem fine no blood and no vomit nothing!

I have had a blood test for Celiac Disease but haven't had the results yet.

i have taken Buscopan for this in the last 24 hours and i have felt fine for most of day until about 4 hours ago when it came back.

anyone had this nor what this could be ive been told over this website that it could be Gastritis but my symptoms dont match up?!

sometimes it makes me feel hungry and i do have back pain on the same side going around to it only when i bend tho.

its most uncomfortable when i lie down or bend or sit down. when im moving around i feel fine apart from the bad back.

I am 16 diagnosed with IBS about 2 years ago and these are new symptoms.

Please reply!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i have had the same numb dull pain on and off for years. i always put it down to the gut not churning properly. i have IBD urgency mixed with IBS constipation. The two successfully given me all kinds of annoying side efffects. This weekend, psoriasis

• Posted

New symptoms can occur with IBS and can confuse and worry patients that it is something else. Some people can get pain under their ribs with IBS. Pain can appear just about anywhere with IBS. The fact that Buscopan worked, suggests you are having an IBS flare up. Don't worry if the symptoms come back; simply keep taking Buscopan. Back pain is also an IBS symptom.

On the other hand, Gastritis can cause rib cage pain, and back pain too along with hunger pangs. It is possible to have both conditions at once.

• Posted

oh dear, that does sound uncomfortable, i often get left sided pain under my ribs during an ibs flare up or anywhere really. i think your bowel is clearing slowly, keep doing what you were doing and it will ease off. good luck, i will wish you that if you wish me luck for a camera

• Posted

I have the exact same pain- it comes and goes for me too.

I saw a GI doctor 1 year ago, and it changed everything- because up until that point, the only people I had examining and diagnosing me were general MD's and general practitioners. That wasn't good enough.

If you're having digestive issues, or pains around your stomach: If you really want to speed things up and get answers faster = go straight to a GI doctor.

Going to mine was one of the best decisions I ever made- because he (and a Rheumatologist he recommended me to) discovered these things for me:

1. I'm Lactose Intolerant.
    2. I have Acid Reflux.
    3. I have Psoriatic Arthritis.
    4. I have stage 2 disc degeneration in my spine- which causes nerve pain.

The pain you might be feeling could be gas and bloating from lactose intolerance.

It could also be pain from high stomach acid levels- possibly pancreatic inflammation.

It could also be pain from an arthritis flare up.

It could also be pain from what are called "adhesions"- which are basically bands of tissue that can sometimes develop between organs and be stuck together where they aren't supposed to be.

Adhesions CAN be cut and surgically removed, but like bone spurs: Their chances of growing back at some point are pretty good.

It could also be scar tissue, from a previous accident or surgical procedure, that's overgrown- and is now causing nerve pain.

I was also born with Scoliosis- which is where your spine curves to the left or right- it's not perfectly straight. Scoliosis can lead to a number of health issues, but the most prominent one I've experienced is back pain in my left side. I must have a pinched nerve or 2.

1 thing I DID start doing that helped: I cleaned up my diet.

If your body's like mine, when you put garbage in it: It WILL respond.

It WILL tell you, "Nope, that was a mistake."

The older you get, the more sensitive your body will become, and you really need to start listening to it.

I cleaned up my diet these last 3 weeks, and I haven't felt any pain in my left side AT ALL.

THEN I celebrated Easter at my in-laws- ate some sugary, fatty, greasy garbage- woke up the next morning, and BAM! PAIN WAS BACK.

The most important thing my GI doctor did for me, and I cannot stress enough just how important I personally think this is for everyone under 40: He suggested and performed a colonoscopy on me.

At 30 years old, I HAD a colonoscopy- which I didn't think would ever happen, but dammit: It did.

Just because you're young, that doesn't mean an endoscopy or colonoscopy are out of the question.

Frankly the best way to find hard evidence IS to go in and look around- but it's usually a last resort option. Your GI doctor will try every other option and possibility before suggesting that- and luckily for me they didn't find anything- basically I have a ship shape "tunnel." (Go me ^_^)

Anyway, I would suggest seeing a GI doctor, and maybe also have your back looked at.

Hope you get some answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.