Uncomfortable Pressure and Ticklish Feeling in my Chest, is it Dangerous?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a 12 year old boy.

So lately, I've had some strange chest discomfort or pain.

When it first started, I really didn't worry, since I've always had some chest discomfort after a SVT procedure.

But it's getting worse.

So here is the best explanation I can give you: My chest has a funny feeling, like a pressure but not really at the same time. Feels uncomfortable and has a ticklish-like feeling, like a tiny bit. The pressure or discomfort with the kinda-ticklish-feeling wants to make me cough. This type of discomfort in the chest is similar to the discomfort you feel with palpitations.

This discomfort usually happens at night, but also at day. It's hard for me to sleep and keeps me a little worried.

I'm just wondering if this is angina.

I also think I've found the culprit to this discomfort.

I sit on my chair playing games and watching stuff for hours. I've recently found out that doing that can 'cause serious heart diseases. I've been doing that for about an year or so.

Maybe that can be the reason, or maybe not.

This discomfort is unbearable, it's just so annoying and uncomfortable. If this is perhaps dangerous, please let me know. I've went to my cardiac doctors, and they say my heart is fine, but that was about 4-5 months ago. 

Just please, I'm worried. My mom says that worrying and anxiety might be the cause, but I really don't have anxiety much. Almost none.

Just for a reminder, my heart feels uncomfortably funny. Ticklish feeling, dull, depressing feeling in my chest.

Please help sad

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Benedict

I don't know what your symptoms mean but if you are worried about them may I suggest a visit to your GP. You can make an appointment to see your GP on your own or you can take someone with you. Your GP will be able to explain what you are experiencing and if it is anything to be concerned about. Whatever the cause of your symptoms, either they can treat them or help you to manage them better.

I hope you go on ok and feel much better very soon.

• Posted

Hi,

?From the description you have given, and I know you probably have heard this a million times by medico's, but it does sound like anxiety. The only other thing that comes to mind is, when you have found this trigger(s) have you just eaten ? it could be the start of indigestion, heartburn or otherwise known as GERD ( Reflux ) . Stress can trigger reflux as well, stress causes a lot of problems, if you can identify the stress and can avoid/ control it and the pain is persistent, then you can pretty well almost then say it's not stress. As Jille has advised, go see your GP for a full examination and questions to eliminate possible causes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.