Uncomfortable to sit

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am almost 5 weeks post THR, I find it very uncomfortable to sit on my bottom (posterior surgery), I have a mound of swelling behind. I presume this is normal and just needs to settle. Can anyone add anything?

Thanks all x 

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jo Michelle....I am 6 weeks post op and if I sit to long it bothers me and also if I sit on something to firm. My car seat also bothers me some, but it is all getting better. When I first came home (10 days post op) I couldn't sit on my couch, my computer chair or the dining chairs....best place for me was my bed. It will improve with time....Wishing you well....Barb

• Posted

I'm at 8 weeks RTHR and the discomfort with sitting or lying on surgery side is finally getting better. Takes time, you'll get there.

• Posted

Hey Jo I'm at 9 weeks today And now I really can sleep on surgery side without feeling a lump in there. You're getting there. You should really start to see improvement. Keep doing exercises or PT if you can. I walk about a mile a day plus work all day. Still really tired sometimes, like today, dog needs to walk so he gets me moving. Sleep is still somewhat irregular. Really nice to actually get 6 hours or more. Good luck stay positive!

• Posted

Hi Jo

Many congrats on getting thru the worst bit.

Im 4 weeks post rthr and like you I find sitting for more than about 15 mins makes my scar area v sore no matter how many cushions.

i too have a puffy bit just above my bum cheeks (sorry to be a bit graphic!😏wink, , which doesn't help.

I had my kept hip replaced 18 months ago but can't remember if it was he same then.

i am gradually moving to one crutch happily but the ms les that have been medically butchered shout a bit at having to move a lot more.

Any thoughts on is this what other hippies have experienced would be fantastic? Love this forum!

Love to all of you.

Janxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.