Uncomftable dull pain behind right rib

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, For the last few years I have had a Uncomftable / dull pain behind right rib.  It comes and goes but never completely disappears. It feels like an organ has been blown up like a balloon (But I can not feel any inflamed organs?) 

I have noticed this dull pain seems to come on after I eat a lot of food, especially food that is not easy to digest like meat.  

I have seen the doctor a few times but have not found anything yet.  I thought this was caused by gluten, the GP sent me for a blood test and it confirmed I do not have a gluten tolerance.  Also there were no issues found with my other organs via the blood test.

Because I thought it was gluten causing the issue I ate a full bowl of bran flakes then for the next three days I had pain behind my ridbs (Left side and right) that was 10 times more painful then ever before.  

Also some times after eating I get the following symptons 

-Bloating

-Bubbles in throat

-Feeling Tired

-Brain Fog

I am going back to see the doctor again but just wondered if anyone had any advise.

Thanks

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have all problem you mentioned. I got non working gallbladder with gallstones. I especially hate the brain fog has I have to walk like a drunk person in office carefully not clashing/dashing with others.First test is ultrasound for gallstones if no stones, then HIDA scan to see if it's functioning.

• Posted

Try a food diary and avoid any foods that cause your symptoms.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advise, I have been doing this but have been unable to tie it down to certain foods.  I do suspect it could be fatty foods,  I am going to try a low fat diet next.
    • Posted

I used to have a lot of trouble with fatty foods but it gradually improved and now I only have to avoid salame.  Before, I had to avoid all fatty foods.
  • Posted

Sounds like gall bladder or fatty liver issues. 
  • Posted

First check your gallbladder for stones with ultrasound and then HIDA scan to see if it's working instead of prolonging with diet modifications.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.