UNCOMMON SYMPTOMS

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. I am new to the forum so this is my first posting. I have been going through the menopause for the past 6 years. I am 51. I think I have had every menopause symptom listed. First symptoms were hot flushes then periods started to become less frequent. For the past 3 years I have felt like I was going mad. I've had problems with eye, mouth, numbness/tingling in hands, arms and legs, dizziness, sudden lapses of energy. A couple of months ago my bones started making cracking noises. This is happening all the time and all over my body - fingers/wrists/knees/ankles/shoulders/hip/back - even my jaw! Has anyone else had this? I have now developed pain and stiffness in my hands/wrists!! I've had lots of blood tests and results are normal.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

👍yep all of the above over 8 years, I am now 52 yrs.  feel like 102 some days xx
  • Posted

All of the above and anxiety too..you will be fine. Just hang in there!â˜ș
  • Posted

Hi Sue.

I have not long joined the forum too and I have found it to be a great help already. I too have all those symptoms. I began with hot flushes 2 years ago. They were so bad that even through the winter months I would wear blouses to keep cool! Brain fog, muscle pain, nerve pain, brittle nails, neck pain etc etc followed. Getting up in the morning I feel so achy. My heels and Achilles are tender too.

I have received some good advice from lovely people on here today and intend to follow it up. Do you take supplements to help? Vitamin B6 and B12 have been recommended.

It's really hard going through it I know but now that you have found this forum we can all help each other through the tough times

I will happily chat with you Sue if you need to.

Helen x

• Posted

Hi Sue 

yes .. had a 10 year peri now post meno age 50..

had most of what you describe ..plus more ...not all at once though 

jay xx

• Posted

Welcome to the forum. Yes you will find that when you go to the doctor that everything will be normal but you feel like crap. I had the same experience. I was feeling really bad one month at the onset of my period and i went to the ER and all they determined was that i had a uti. These symptoms are very misleading and scary. I thank God i found this forum because i honestly thought i had a terrible illness before i realized that these symptoms are common. The women here are very helpful, encouraging and resourceful.  They have helped me so much. I'm only 40 and going through this and i still have two little kiddies at home so it can be very stressful. But we will get through this together. 

Talk to your doctor but the ladies here recommend increasing your intake of B12 and B6 vitamins which help to alleviate some of these symptoms. I wish you well with trying to manage these horrendous symptoms. 

xx Sharlene

• Posted

Hi Sue - I take vitamin D310ug – B6 150mg in the mornings. In the evening I take Osteocare original by Vitabiotics it has (Calcium-Magnesium-D3 & Zinc) the magnesium is for muscle pain & D3 is for bone pain. I have researched this as I had pain all over especially in my arms & neck & couldn’t bare the pain any longer it was driving me insane! I am so happy this has worked for me, it took a good couple of months to kick in but I feel like my old self again! Doctors don’t seem to know enough about the change & as long as you get all your blood test done, its better trying an alternative. I don’t want HRT as they say when you stop taking them the symptom’s come back? My sister takes HRT & swears by them!

I also put flax seeds in my porridge & juice, vegetables only & always with some beetroots, good for the blood!

Hope this helps, good luck!

• Posted

Hi barbara 

Glad things are improving thats great 

HRT suits some .. But not for me .. 

natural for me too..

Yes when HRT is stopped ladies do have the symptoms again ..

The hormones are replaced via HRT

Which naturally want to decline.

So its peri all over again when HRT is stopped . 

Good luck Barbara

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay

Thanks for that, I think I will stay away from HRT, the thought of it all coming back again is dreadful! Its great to have this website for us ladies, such good true support! X

• Posted

Hi Sue, yes me too. Especially the dizziness and neck/ jaw problems. What a pain it all is. Hang in in there. Xx
  • Posted

Thanks for all your replies to my first post. I am so glad I found this forum. Loads of useful advice and thanks for sharing your experiences.. You do feel alone and feel like you're imagining all these things that are happening to your body so it's great to be able to share the trials and tribulations of what we are going through!
    • Posted

Hi Sue 

Treat yourself to some Vit B 100mg

or a Mega 100 B Complex ( hooland and barret) which has at least 100mg of B6 in 

helped me no end 

Amongst other things 

take care 

Jay xx

• Posted

Vit B6 info .. For menopsue ..

Everyone needs B-vitamins for good health.

Without them we can suffer from a variety of serious ailments.

For a woman going through perimenopause, B-vitamins can be essential for effectively managing symptoms.   

Adrenal fatigue, for example, is a common secondary condition for many women going through perimenopause.

B-vitamins support healthy adrenal function, along with calming and maintaining a healthy nervous system.

Many women also suffer with mood swings during perimenopause.

Both B12 and B6 vitamins aid in the production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, a key brain chemical needed to stabilize moods and promote feelings of wellness and contentment.

For women who suffer with brain fog, and memory issues in perimenopause, low levels of B6 could be part of the problem.

Depression, confusion, and an inability to concentrate are all associated with B6 deficiency. Vertigo, dizziness, and heart palpitations are also common complaints from women going through perimenopause.

All of these symptoms have been associated with (among other things) a B12 deficiency.

Vitamin B6 can also help with stubborn weight gain in perimenopause. It is key in the breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in our diet, and is necessary for a healthy metabolism - both which can help manage weight.

look for B6 100mg content ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.