Uncommon symptoms

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi, I wonder anyone who is in perimenopause has uncommon symptoms like internal tremor, shaky legs & off balance dizziness? If so, what will help to alleviate it? Does HRT work? I am desperate as I can't go on living like that. I can't function like a normal person. Thanks

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi its all normal is to get use to. Try and rest and take your vitamins.

feel better.

xoxo

• Posted

Not so uncommon here! Actually most of us experience this.

I don't have a solution, but supporting your immune system the best you can will help. HRT helps some but not all.

XO

• Posted

Agree with mam..its not uncommon dear..we most of us here facing same issues..so ur not alone

• Posted

Yes. very common and I too am experiencing dizziness. you feel like your drunk and I have to hold on to something or sit down. For me it usually passes as quickly as it comes on. feel better hun

• Posted

Dizziness , internal tremors and off balance issues i am facing from last year..

Feeling of drunk full day .

Its part of peri .

and till now i donot find any sol to it.

take rest have lots of water and veg and fruits..

Hang is there

• Posted

sorry Irene the symptoms are not uncommon most of us on this forum experience the same. Iv had it for nearly eight years and still trying to get used it. some days its not too bad then others i find it hard to get through work. so sorry iv not remedy. x

• Posted

Your symptoms are not uncommon. Especially the internal shaking. I had that and didn't know it was a thing until I came on this forum. It went away, but I get it occasionally right as I lay down to sleep.

• Posted

Thats when I get it also. Just as I feel myself start to drift off I can feel the tremors. I once told my husband to stop shaking the bed, he said he wasnt and nothing was shaking. It was me.

• Posted

Hi Irene,

I found an uncommon cause of my peri dizziness. My antihistamine. I have a lot of food allergies. But I can't always resist an onion or a juicy piece of summer fruit that has a pit. 😃 And sometimes I just take 1/2 a benedryl to sleep at night. The next day the antihistamine "hangover" has me hanging onto countertops in the kitchen to keep my balance. I have trouble navigating the stairs and I randomly get the "swims."

Once I cut way back on my antihistamine the dizziness got way better for me.

• Posted

Hello Irene

I too have bizarre peri menopause symptoms 😪😪 Like you, I have shaky legs but not from the outside more as though they are shaking from within if that makes sense. I feel dizzy at times with heavy spaced out head & a internal tremor!

I have seen 2 Neurologists had all sorts of blood test & scans and thankfully every thing is normal.

I feel far from normal on a daily basis & this has been going on for 18 months now.

I totally understand how you feel & just want to be back to myself. I decided to take HRT 6 months ago & it has helped with other symptoms but hasn't really taken away the weird ones.

Thank you for sharing what you are going through. I read these forums a lot & I have seen other women go through this & come out the other side. You certainly are not alone. Hope this is of some help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.