Uncontrollable crying

Posted , 6 users are following.

Things just aren’t getting better. My fiancé and I are doing so badly he’s talking about leaving. I can’t seem to stop crying no matter what. Sobbing my days through work, until I fall asleep, first thing when I wake up. I’m in so much pain. I feel so self centered with everything going on around me and all I can think about is how awful I feel. I am so scared for what’s going to happen. I’m afraid of losing my partner, my home, and even my job is in jeopardy. I’ve never felt so insecure in all aspects of my life. We’re sipposed to be welcoming our baby in July instead I’ve had a miscarriage and literally everything else around me is falling apart. I’m so scared I’ll never be able to pull myself back together again. I have an 8 year old daughter I need to care for, and I’m so scared I’m going to fail. I need help and I don’t even know what kind of help I need. I’m on medication and seeing a therapist but if every other aspect of my life falls apart what good does any of it do? How do people hold it together? What do you do when you feel like you’re on the verge of losing everything? 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You need to see a psychologist to evaluate you or you can see a psychiatrist he or she can prescribe medication if necessary. You need to do this ASAP. I believe you having depression and anxiety. Only a dr. can make the right diagnose.
  • Posted

Hello darla, i cant help you really with emotional support, though can appreciate yiuve had a really tough time. However, to me it sounds like your medication at least needs reveiwing. I would recommend you see your doctor, and tell them exactly what you have said in your post. At least then from a medication point of view, you will know that you are on the correct medication and dose. The uncontrollable crying suggests your medication may not be doing its job. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Hadnt spotted angels reply, a review with a pysc, as she suggested, would be even better than a doc. Explain to them exactly what you posted.
    • Posted

I have been on meds for 8 years now. Zoloft for 5 and a half, then celexa for 2 and a half, now I’m back on Zoloft. I’m about one month in on 50 mg. My issue right now is I don’t know if I’m crying so much because I’m scared I’m losing my partner or because of the depression. I don’t know what is an ordinary reaction to possibly losing the person I thought was my soul mate. I don’t know if the two are connected or what. I’m so scared of starting my life over again. 
    • Posted

Losing a child to a miscarriage can be devestating, I'm not surprised you are feeling depressed, You are experiencing grief. My wife and I are in our 60's, but we went through several miscarriages when we were in our 30's. It's tough and it takes time to recover.

I agree with the others, you need counseling in addition to your medication. You have been through a lot, but you will eventually get over it. We did. Tell your partner that you just need some time to get over your grief and tell them to have patience. Time heals all wounds.

• Posted

As you were already on meds, you are 4 weeks into your current time on zoloft, and youve had amd are continuing to have a bad time, i would think you need a dose increase. 50mg is quite a low dose for zoloft My sister takes 50mg of zoloft, and she is in no where near the situation you are in. Your uncontrolable crying in work suggests that its your depression and anxiety, as you are not able to control your emotions, in a place where it is expected and required. I would say you need to go back to your doctor, update them with your situation, and i think they will increase your dose. Anti depressants dont make you happy, but allow you to.function better, which i think you need.
  • Posted

Hi Darla, I feel so bad for you. I have not lost a child, but my sister has. Every one was telling her to stop crying and to get over it. But I would hold her in my arms and let her cry until she couldn't cry anymore. Darla you are hurting, and I am so sorry that there is no one around you that understands your pain. Also, your mate is probably hurting too, and he doesn't know how to handle it. It is going to take time for you to get your emotions under control. Yes, please talk to your doctor and completely explain what is happening with you. If you can afford it, take some time off from work. This may help you, but it you can't try talking to your supervisor and say that you need to be away from your desk more than usual. Say that you have a medical condition and go to the bathroom and put water on your face. I say this because when I lost my brother I couldn't stop crying. I had to work, so I asked my supervisor to allow me time away from my desk and she did. Also, I would stay at work a little later to make up my absence from my desk and to catch up on my work. I found that being in the office with most of the people gone helped me. There was no one interrupting me and I was able to get lost in my work. I don't know if you have faith in God, but I called on Him a lot and I sung hymns. This helped me a lot too. I will be praying for you.

• Posted

Darla you have so much going on right now it's no wonder you are in pain and can't get things in control.  You need to talk to your psychiatrist, therapist and fiancé.  Tell your doctor and therapist everything.  Hopefully your doctor will do a med adjustment that can quickly help stabilize your emotions.  Ask your therapist to help with an action plan to help you maneuver through all the difficulties you are facing right now. You said you are worried about losing your fiancé, your job, your home... That's a lot.  Your therapist should be able to guide you through those fears and help you create a plan to help either prevent those things from happening or help you work through those events.  Talk with your  therapist but  I would also talk with you fiancé and explain that you are overwhelmed right now and just need some time to regain some stability.  Ask if he will give you time to talk with your doctor and therapist and a little time to put their help into action before making any decisions about your relationship.  If he agrees, during that time work on you, if you can begin to stabilize yourself you will be in a much better place to work through everything else.  All of this will probably take some time so be prepared to take a lot of deep breaths.  If you can get your doctor, therapist and fiancé to all get on board to help don't hesitate to let them.  Call them when you need them and let them know what is and isn't working.  I wish you well.

• Posted

I appreciate the feedback from everyone, it’s been so helpful. We ended up having a decent night together and are trying to work on things, I still woke up with that empty despair feeling. I go to the doctor on Tuesday so I’m sure they are going to increase my meds then. I’m nervous about going through the side effects all over again but I’m hoping that since I’m already on the meds that they won’t be so severe. I’ve been trying to turn to prayer as something to help with the pain. I’m a little new to it though so I’m not sure where to start. 
    • Posted

God doesn't care how experienced you are at prayer darla, He is always ready to hear from you. I pray all the time for strength and guidance. He loves us and wants the best for us, trust me. 

I try to go to Church every sunday, it's much more beneficial to pray with other believers. And the Holy Spirit is present whenever 2 or more are gathered in His name.

Thanks for your post, it made me feel better and smile today. I hope and pray you find peace in your life soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.