UNCONTROLLABLE weight gain - hormone related??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Over the past 8 months I have gains 15 kg.. I am 17 years old but it doesn't matter what I do.. I hardly eat, and when or if I do it is very healthy.. I exercise too. I have never struggled in the past with my weight but all of a sudden it is like a balloon it is driving me crazy.. I have stretch marks everywhere sad I don't know what to do.. doctors just say because I don't look obese there is nothing wrong but it is not my bodies happy weight or shape, I don't look like myself anymore I have gone from a size 8 to a size 12.. It is depressing me so much I wish someone could help.

also my BMI classes me as overweight too. 

I have had secondary amenorrhea for 2 years with no cause diagnosed as such.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

As people age, their metabolisms naturally slow down, making weight gain increasingly likely over time. However, during menopause, many women experience rapid weight gain that seems out of step with this natural, gradual process associated with aging. The suddenness of the weight gain can be particularly distressing for women, especially as it is often experienced in tandem with other symptoms. While the full reasons behind rapid weight gain during menopause are not known, it is thought to be related to the decrease in estrogen. 
    • Posted

Hey thanks for your reply, I understand what you are talking about but unfortunately its not relevant to my case as I am only 17 sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.