Uncontrolled asthma.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone on Xolair please? Thks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was in it for 3 years and stopped it 3 months ago. I was on max dose 600mg, 4 injections every 2 weeks. I didn't see a change in asthma symptoms and the senior asthma nurse actually agreed with me. My Ige was 2000 & 1845 however since stopping it I'm having a massive flare up of eczema which it must have helped and I'd never thought of. Asthma is no different, uncontrolled taking 7 puffs Ventolin daily, been on everything.

• Posted

I am not on xolair are you having problems on it ?

• Posted

I'm not on it now but was for 3 years but no improvement with asthma symptoms despite high dose . No obvious side effects but they don't know them long term. I was just sad I didn't get positive results that you read others very from it. I believe my asthma is a combination of allergy related, stress and emotional factors exacerbate it as well as weight issues. I've yet to find an inhaler that controls my wheeze. I've tried all combination types as well as them individually, just tried theophylline which I reacted to with eczema. It's worth trying if you get the chance as it may work for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.