Under active throiyd issue with weight gain on stomach only

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i am in 40 no health issue other then celiac and diognised underactive throiyd since jan this year im taking levethtoxine one 25mg tablet since jan but level still border line so doctor increased tablet to 50 mg my main issue is since last 2 months i have gained so much weight on just stomach my belly fat

please tell me what to avoid and best way to lose belly fat would really appreciate

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Myself just started to control on how much I eat and taking walks. My weight pendled between 50-70 kg. Before thyroid problems my weight was 50 normally but now I have stayed put on 60 kg. But I'm eating quite unhealthy right now with a lot of sweets just to handle my mental fatigue to get energy for my studies.

But it can take time for the hormones to get into the normal range. I know the first year I pendulate a lot with my weight and never stayed put. It was just after it had calmed down a bit I could control better over my own weight.

What I have heard running will help you lose belly fat. But you should take it carefully with exercise because thyroid problems will tired out the body normally. Specially when they try to adjust the medication. So I would say to just do light training/ exercise until you have adjusted your medication to the correct dosage 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.