Posted , 9 users are following.
Please can you help
I was diagnosed with under active Thyroid 18 months ago by a doctor who was just standing in for my regular doctor, I had been going to the doctors for 2 years with little complaints but nothing was done as I had been on anti depressants. Since starting the Thyroxine 100mg daily I don't feel any better. My doctor even told me depression can do things to the body like the symptoms I am having.
10 months ago I started a new job 3 months into the job my hands began to swell and I have pains in my fingers the doctors took a blood test but said there was nothing wrong however I saw another doctor at my surgery and she referred me to the hospital rheumatology . The specialist took another blood test as the one my doctor took showed an abnormality, she also sent me for several other tests. Once all the tests where back the specialist diagnosed Sjogren's Syndrome and mild rheumatoid Arthritis in two fingers that don't hurt as much as the others! I have been on Naproxen & Plaquenil for 2 months and due to go back to the specialist in September.
But I still don't feel any better!! and my IBS has become worse. I have changed my doctors practice as I have lost confidence in my previous doctors however I am not sure this new practice will be much better!
I had my first appointment with the doctor I told her my symptoms and for the past 3 weeks I have been in pain with IBS, she concentrated on this problem and stated that I should come back again as "10min appointments were not long enough to go through all the issues I have." Told me to book for another blood test which will be next week.
Long and Short- does anyone else relate or recognise these symptoms?
1. For the past few years I have been having problems with my memory. I forget what people have said to me, forget to lock the door, where I have put things what I was going to do next. I have always been a little scatty but it seems to be getting worse and many times it is only other people reminding me that I realise that I have forgotten or not done something.
2. Lethargy, weary even after just waking up but gets worse around lunch time and by tea time I feel like I should be in bed. I have always slept aprox 7-8 hours but I don't feel refreshed after sleep.
3. Painful cramps, wind, constipation I will only go to the toilet if I have Movecol or a few halves of Guinness. My urine is dark and sometimes cloudy
4. Dry Skin and itchy spells where I could scratch the skin off, Dry eyes and mouth
5. Aches and stiffness all over and clicking wrists, elbows,shoulders and knees
Can anyone help
0 likes, 13 replies