under rib pain and itching...help

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, 

I have had a pain on my right side just about under the rib cage for over a year now.  I have had multiple tests, blood, MRI, ultrasound, colonoscopy, endoscopy even a hyda scan... I am at my witts end. I do not know what to do, teh pain is not strong it is a dull pain... sometimes it hurts more than others, i have tried many diffrent thigs, sometimes teh pain is like a strong itch on the side of my belly buttob, it;s just weird and I have seen 3 diffrent GI's no one seems to believe me because nothing shows up on tests... I know the pain is real, it's not in my head... I do not feel like my husband believes me anymore..teh pain is daily, not strong enough to keep me up at night but as soon as i am up i feel it..it's there...always on te same spot, aside when there is an itch... I have normal bowel movements, i am not overweight nor under, I probably could be a bit healthier, I have cut all sorts of foods thinking that maybe it was allergies..I just do not see what it is.. I do not know what to do, I am worried that we find something once it's too late..

Also, I do not take any type of meds regurlarly, aside for the tylenol here and there when i have a headache... I do not smoke, nor drink..

I need somebody to help me and BELIEVE ME!

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi sonogo...

I am having same scenario as you and I need help as well. I did ct scan the whole body and checked all blood tests, nothing come out.

• Posted

I understand completely what you’re going through I have this pain on my right side underneath my rib cage about three ribs up from the bottom it kind of burns and stings sort of like when you get a wasp or a B stING And I have been to the ER three times the last time they admitted me and they took my gallbladder out because I failed the HIDA scan test here it is four weeks later I have no gallbladder but I still have the pain talk about confusion! The bad part is I am still in pain they won’t give me any more pain meds because the issue with the gallbladder is over not that I believe they would help anyways I am taking Lyrica right now because my primary thanks it’s a nerve related problem it doesn’t help so I am going to see a neurologist on January 4 whatever it is I know it’s there and if I could just remove that section of my body I would be fine it is driving me bonkers! I feel Your pain literally I feel it
  • Posted

I realize that this original post was a year ago and the time it was posted I commented and since then I now have experienced a similar thing that happened to me. The only difference is my pain was much more severe than what you're describing and it was on my left side. After seeing numerous doctors I finally went to my pain management doctor who said it was intercoastal muscle pain. the intercostal muscles are the muscles that holds your ribs together but allow them to expand when you take a breathe. she was going to give me a intercostal nerve block but I didn't end up needing it because it finally healed on its own. I suggest you try a pain management doctor and see if they will give you the inner possum nerve block. it is an injection in the back.

• Posted

I am in the same boat as everyone who has posted thus far, my symptoms are exactly the same...If nothing else I am really grateful for those who have shared their experiences with this mysterious condition (?)

I have dismissed my symptoms for the last 2 years and often chalked them up to bunch of things (pulled muscle? Shingles? Reaction to a Bad meal - processed foods or flour rich..). I too can testify this is painful and 2 years later it seems to be getting worse. The itch factor is a 24/7. When I itch my skin it hurts + becomes sore even though I am not itching hard at all...The internal pain in that area hit a 7/10 today. I am tired also...Bloodwork has been requested, ultrasound as well. I don’t feel hopeful at this point....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.