underactive thyroid

Posted , 6 users are following.

Iv been on 50 mcg levo for over 10 yrs I have beem in hospital recently feeling very ill and weak docs couldnt find anything wrong im still feeling horrible had some more bloods this week. Tsh 1.19 t4 16 everything else was normal too I still think its my throid but docs say its fine iv also been having anxiety are my levels normal iv always took them at night

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I'm also hypo thyroid n I'm suffering terribly with anxiety strange head sensations, lightheaded, and just generally down and fatigued, duno if this relates?
  • Posted

Hi. I am on 200 mg thyroxin and still suffering. I am not saying it is same for all but my GP is looking at chronic fatigue syndrome as an answer for me. Maybe there is a separate issue causing same symptoms. 
    • Posted

Hi. Difficult to explain i am beyond exhausted. Unable to function normally for someone my age. Uncomfortable muscles and joints. Disturbed sleep with strained breathing and anxiety. Low mood. These to name a few. 

Am not saying this is only alternative, just one of many. Maybe broader bloods could answer 

• Posted

My doctor doesnt listen they just keep sayin thyroid is fine but I dnt feel its fine my mum used to take thyroxine 150 mcg them doc took her off them saying hers had healed my nan has been over medicated for years she tried tell em somet wasnt rite now she has been reduced from 275mcg to 75 I have no faith on doctors as I went 3 years undiagnosed of my throid problem and missed the last 2 yrs pf hogh school cause I couldnt get out of bed or walk anywhere due to having no energy 
    • Posted

Yes I am also exhausted and weak I always used to go out shopping no probs night clubbing now im in the house all the time cause I have no energy at all been getting muscle spasms in legs too I think the docs need to give me more thyroxine but ever since I started taking this iv never felt normal the anxiety is getting me down 
    • Posted

My symptoms are tiredness /weak/anxiety/fluttering in neck and chest /palpataions /feeling low just not feeling me 
    • Posted

Yes it is im so fed up I was ok till 5 months ago then all these symptoms came on just like that just need to feel better now .so do u gwt the fluttering feeling cause I had this years ago too when I went undiagnosed for 3 yrs thats why im thinking maybe I need more throxine well im bk to the docs tuesday not leaving till he listens x
  • Posted

Good luck in your quest for health hun. I can sympathise hun. I would lov to go shopping in real shops and not online. Or lunch with friends etc.  its a spiteful circle. You get tired of being tired. Always keep hope. I agree, diet could help. I have heard gluton is bad for thyroid but only just researching it. 
    • Posted

Thank u and its horrible so many people are suffering I just hope and pray to feel normal again x
  • Posted

Hi Rachel,

I don't know how much help I'll be but after I was diagnosed and put onto medication I still didn't feel normal, months went by and I couldn't do anything, I was low, anxious all the time, could hardly get out of bed, my joints ached and I was constantly cold. I kept reading about cutting out gluten, as I was so desperate I went ahead and did it, well the change was amazing! I still have dips but on the whole I am feeling so much better, not 100% but even the slightest bit of extra energy is amazing! 

• Posted

Hi could u tell me some of the gluten free foods as I will try anything to feel a bit better thank u x
    • Posted

Of course, if you aren't sure about a good look at the back and it should usually say if it contains gluten (or wheat) 

I buy sainaburys gluten free cornflakes, porridge. I get gluten free pitta bread and a loaf of bread from my local co-op. 

For dinner my carb tends to be new potatoes or a jacket potatoe as they so t have any gluten added to them. You can also get GF pasta

Look up recipes for gluten free pizza, a current favourite for me is cauliflower based. You can also use cauliflower as a substitute for rice as well.  

You have to be a little creative, I have only found on a few occasions when I have gone out there aren't many options but you just get to learn where and what's gluten free friendly smile xx

• Posted

Thank u very much I will try this gluten free food diet and see how I get on thanks for ur help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.