underactive thyroid

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has any one had fluttering feeling in the neck a weird feeling sometimes it happens in the chest causing palpatations 

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel

Yes I have had these exact same symptoms and they were really bad before I got

diagnosed hypothyroid.  I now take levo 100mcg!

These symptoms have calmed down quite a bit, but not stopped altogether but I do have another underlying health problem that  does not help.

Have you been prescribed any meds?!smile

• Posted

I am just on thyoxine 50 mcg iv been on the same dose for 10 yrs I have had the fluttering yrs ago but then went a long time without the fluttering its horrible iv been on hospital but they couldnt find anything but I think it has somet to do with the thyroid iv started with anxiety now im afraid to go out incase I get these feelings in neck and chest tsh was 1.19 t4 was 16 x
    • Posted

Hi Rachel

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems getting out!

Unfortunately the Thyroid can play havoc with the body.

If you have fatigue this can lead to anxiety as your body uses

adrenaline to compensate for the lack of energy and this can 

give you anxiety too.

I will send you a pm with some infosmile

• Posted

Thank u . I have just got bk from docs and he has upped my dose even tho im in normal range and he has just given me the results off my 24 hr ecg and iv been having eptopic beats so now I no it wasnt all in my head like hospital were tellin me .
    • Posted

Hi Rachel

Really glad you have got to the bottom of the problem!

I had the similar problem and was put on a higher dose

even though I was in the normal range!

Don't understand why there is so much emphasis on trying

to tell people it's all the mindrolleyes???!!

I found out after recent surgery in hospital that if you have

low oxygen levels this can cause anxiety too...it's printed on

the back of the chart where they record temp, BP and respiration!!!

• Posted

Thanks for the reply I just hope by takin the extra thyroxine dosnt make me feel worse.fingers crossed x 
  • Posted

hi rachael and sunshine....this has been a very interesting discussion....so glad things are coming together for you rachael.

i was wondering if you 'd be kind enough to also send me the info you mention sunshine.

very best wishes from marey x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.